Pizza Tower [PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza Tower [PC]

Want to stick this on people's radars as I can see it very easily being dismissed based on the... well... the everything.

Here's what you need to know: it's a small indie team's first game, and while on one hand it's a very silly game about a pizza chef named Peppino Spaghetti, with graphics that harken back to Ren & Stimpy-era cartoons by way of MS Paint, it is also a very competent platformer that riffs heavily on the Wario Land games and yet feels very fresh.

You have a lot of movement skills to call upon - grabs, dashes, slides, wall runs, Metroid-like boost jumps, you bloody name it - and while it's plenty forgiving as you romp about stages and bump into enemies, fall of ledges and the like, everything's in service of getting you familiar with the stage's layout before you reach the end. At that point, suddenly everything turns on its head and you have a time limit to get all the way back out of there. New pathways are opened up whereas others close, more enemies show up, and everything gets a little crazy as you race back in time.

I've only played the first group of stages but already I can tell it's bloody great - packed with ideas, humour, and innovation. Start looking online and you'll see that there's even more glowing praise from people who've spent more time with it. Definitely one to check out, even if it is unfortunately PC-only at this point.

It’s really one of those games that needs to be seen moving. At first glance it looks like a newgrounds game made in ms paint then you see just how fantastic the animation really is. If it ever surfaced on switch I’ll be picking it up.

Comment

Working...
    X