Humanity (PS5,4/PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humanity (PS5,4/PC)

3D puzzle game much like the 2D classic Lemmings you guide your people towards the exit light, where it differs from lemmings is the Humans can die as much as you want, they'll just be 'reborn' and come out of the entrance ready again. It's down to you a Dog, to platform your way around the levels placing orders on the ground like 'go in this direction' or 'jump', not hard on it's own but they already throw in extra problems like maintaining switch pressure and collecting 1 to 3 the gold humans to take towards the exit, you only get 1 chance with the Gold humans, so if you mess up it time to reload the level (with a choice to keep your previous orders in place). Alot of fun so far, great style and some fantastic music to go along with it. It's on PSN extra service so it definitely worth a pop, or £25 to get on PSN or Steam, also VR compatible but i don't haver a unit to test that.

below is a very early level after finishing the tutorial that will give you any idea of it plays, the key reason i made it was i completely missed on not needing to save everyone, so i can use the first humans out of the gate and kept them in a infinite loop to maintain switch pressure while i send a lucky few into the light.

Have ran into a few issues with the gameplay on later larger levels, the fast forward isn't fast enough, sometimes the RNG factor comes in with humans pushing each other in the queue to where out of chance on a long map with 3 turns to go, one of my goldies got pushed abit wide and hit a different directional arrow placed near pushing him out of the pecking order meaning he wouldn't through the gate when the regular humans complete the gate, i'm hoping a for rewind option to be given later on for stuff like this rather than be forced to redo it all again. Other little niggles are the dog platforming with jump and surf share the same button 'X' so it quite easy to want to just do some simple platforming of multiple jumps in a row or swimming and end up surfing the humans instead making it all abit fiddley.. something don't find in the best of the best puzzlers.

A little extra, you can get stage completed and still get a late Goldie walk into the Gate if you're prepared to wait, but you just lose any direct control, found out on a tough optional stage2 called 'the wall' which required strategical placement of blocks which needed pushing and late direction changes once the everything was in motion, ended up with a second goldie a little behind the first so the stage completed while he was waddling around the map... waited on the chance of him crossing the finish line after the win message was up would work... and it does, woohoo.

Comment

Also got held up on The Wall, but got through with the Goldies after some creative thinking. It's a cool, very neat game. I'm enjoying it most when the levels don't require 4D thinking, but I guess that's my fault for wanting to 100% each stage. Arf!

Comment

Made it to the sequence 3 with full Goldies on every trial, very enjoyable. I think doing all the optional trials in sequence set me to one time the final trial in Sequence 2 quite easily.

Like the new changes for s3,

it changes the gameplay to planning ahead instead of being able to change on the fly, you'll have set down the orders then hit a button to set it all in motion which takes control away, it does lead to a little boredom once you set it all in motion so i've found myself at least on the early trails hitting >>

Comment

I've just hit the wall. All Goldy's so far. What a fantastic puzzle game. I'm so happy that the deaths don't count It gives the game a far more chilled vibe than what I thought would be i.e. hectic panic stations, but the game wants you to trial and error. It has some great QoL options too, such as Retry with items in place.
          Music is really nice.
          The game has Lemmings style gameplay, but only as far as you must get the humans to the exits. But it is ultimately its own thing.

Visually it has this very Japanese PlayStation puzzle vibe. Think games like Intelligent Qube/Kurushi and Echochrome.

The game looks to have replayability in abundance too with its user created content. These have ratings, likes and all that jazz. Cool game. Even better that it was day one on PS Plus Extra!
          Last edited by hudson; 20-05-2023, 21:19.

Comment

Game gives me Kula World vibes, with the blocked out levels in space feel. Which reminds me, Gravity Trickster still isn't out!

Making my way through slowish, finished Act 3 with all Goldies so far. Looking forward to what the next gimmick is

Comment

Nearly done sequence 3, got stuck on trial 5-b reserve course for good 40 mins

I cottoned on to the how more and push the both blocks in to place but couldn't for ages go with both goldies without my own arrows getting in the way, eventually by moving the final turn'n'push for each brick into place, all the way back to the edge did i get it.

looked absolute mess of turn arrows by the end

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                Game gives me Kula World vibes, with the blocked out levels in space feel. Which reminds me, Gravity Trickster still isn't out!
                Planned release date is the first half of 2021 id say that's currently sat on a server somewhere in a folder labeled

"projects that are impossible to market in 2023"

Comment

Getting a little frustrated with sequence 4 which comes down to 2 points, some of the trials in it come down to razor thin margins of hoping your humans don't path alittle wide or 360 themselves if you move though them resulting in little delays in losing goldies, so i've found i can run the same orders multiple times without changes and got the result i needed (all goldies). The other is the lack of rewind, Trail 5 on Sequence 4, needed a pile of adjustments at the end of long level so i could get all the goldies but to do it, it required 30/40 seconds of human's walking to reach where i needed them and it felt slow even with fast forward.

Comment

Working...
                  X