Die by the Blade (Demo) - PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Die by the Blade (Demo) - PC

Remember Bushido Blade on the PlayStation? Well, this is pretty much the updated version of that game.

This is a sword fighting game - there are no health bars, only lives. If you lose all your lives it's game over.

The fighting system is based on stance and strikes - you have a certain amount of resolve that is used up with each manoeuvre and can be recovered with the next important part of the game, parrying strikes. Strikes are parried either automatically if the stances are matched, or by actively timing the parry with a LS button press or combining the two for maximum parriness.

Then there are the strikes - these vary with the position of stance and horizontal or vertical strikes, with triplet combos - all of this is explained in the basic tutorials (as seen in my capture - the VS AI is at 6 mins in).

I think this looks quite promising - rounds are very very fast (I just played on easy AI very quickly for the capture) - the AI will destroy you on hard without practicing the parrying. Very fast.

I just stumbled across this accidentally, I haven't seen anything PR-wise about it at all and I defo think any fighting fans should take a look.

Last edited by MartyG; 16-05-2023, 22:48.
Working...
X