Battlefield 2042

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 2042

I got this at release at it didn't feel as fun to play as BF4. I've recently gone back to it and it the games are more fun now.
    There seems less emphasis on the grind than BF4 too which is good - I've no interest in skins or grinding for weapon attachments. I just want to have fun from the off. 2042 Maps are a bit soulless, but that's due to the storyline I guess.

Something weird though - I got a 46 player kill streak standing in one spot and picking people off. In BF4, someone would have got in a jet or tank, landed on me and stabbed me to death. Or sniped me from the other side of the map. That never happened.

Since I got it for free, it has become my late night bit of non thinking gaming.

I know I have said it a lot but there are some really good bits in this game now if you can get past the really really ****ty bits.

The new map is great fun, the weekend before last, the Friday Night Battlefield was Rush on the new map, it was very silly, very chaotic and very fun. It really is a pity that the great moments are ruined by the bizarre development choices. You can really tell this was supposed to be a very different game to begin with.

Unlike you Charles I have grinded for a few new weapons, to be honest it wasn't too bad and it does help you mix up your play style a bit.

Oh it seems the new meta is the dude with the invulnerability shield. Worst game mechanic yet.

Comment

Yeah I got rolled by one of them yesterday. Crazy

Comment

There are counters to all of these things - incendiary grenades, even frag grenades, incendiary bolts from the crossbow, C5 - Dozer is so slow with the shield that the only place he's difficult to deal with is in corridors where explosives endanger you as well.

Or just shoot his feet.

Comment

played a little bit of the new Control game mode over the weekend, thought it was fun.

I've started running the full auto BSVM in close qtrs it's a lot of fun.

Tried out the railgun - it certainly takes time to get used to it, I am hopeless with it though

Comment

Tried out the new Scotland map with the new season last night. Damn it's not fun on breakthrough. Will try conquest tonight to see how it is.

Comment

So season 7 - without the narrow corridors and shorter distances to hide it, it is absolutely clear that the SMG pew pews are ridiculously OP. Not fun

Comment

Working...
              X