No announcement yet.

F-Zero 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King League is released tomorrow morning at 1am UK time (so later tonight really).

Comment

They’re supporting it very well indeed. Let’s hope they keep it up.

Comment

I’d given this a big, long rest. Only because it became too addictive, and I was spending 70% of my work hours on it. I’m back now thanks to Christmas and so happy to be. The new updates are very special indeed.

First, this Classic mode. Absolutely all of the changes made for 99 mode have been reverted back to exactly how everyone remembers it. Tracks are narrower, and the 4:3 aspect ratio directly alters the handling of the machines. A maximum of 20 players also shifts the tension - instead of battling mid-pack like you would in 99, the battles now happen within the top three. There’s an incredible amount of blocking required if you want to hold onto your top spot. There are some lovely SNES-themed rewards to boot.

Then there’s the frozen races/Frozen League. Tracks are frozen over; so ice instead of gravel, added ice on parts of the tracks, palette swaps, snow, Death Wind is windier, the bumper cars have antlers… the list goes on. Even the menus have gone all snowy. This has made F-Zero 99 my go-to Christmas game for this year. 🎅

Comment

Namco should do this type of game with Ridge Racer.

Comment

I'll eat my pro controller if they do.

Comment

Working...
            X