Jusant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jusant

Played and finished Jusant on PC gamepass, basically a walking sim with few platforming mechanics, no puzzles, combat or hiding. While it looks nice, the story is nonsense so it's hard to care what happens as you would in a similar (using that very loosely) game like Ico or SotC, as it's fed to you in scrolls you find on the floor which will either be about some previous resident of the tower going up instead of down when the ocean went away (which is interesting) or some rubbish about daily lives of those living before it ran dry. The other story item is murals of fantasy whales and ancient people doing stuff.

about 4 hours, lots of shoulder button clicking, following linear path which you can go on short detours on to get more scrolls and 5 biomes each getting shorter than the last, climb up, blow horn, get some magical nonsense carry you off to the next biome. Probably biome 4 was the stand out for me, had the most engaging gameplay and a great atmosphere. It's not hard to think how to make this better than deeply average just by adding puzzles or having to hide from some big beasty.

as for the story,

i probably missed some key scrolls but i don't understand why the people of tower forgot how the turning on the magic water works or why i needed some random person god knows how many years after to climb up with a baby fantasy whale to turn it on, where did the whale come from, why did they know they had to climb, why wasn't this done before the ocean went away, why does the magic water all hinge on a almost certain death whale taxi ride, in all, it adds up to a bullcrap story.

Working...
X