No announcement yet.

Metal Arms: A Glitch in the system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went back to this again last night and it's a great little arcade/platformer cum shooter. You're little droid comes out with some classic oneliners and is quite a cute little fella and the whole game has a healthy amount of humor.

There's plenty of nice little touches littered throughout the game and I love the way your droid can control other droids (ala Paradroid) and then run rampant with them, turning them against their allies.

Sure, it shamelessly rips ideas from pratically every other genre out there, but despite all this it feels incredibly refreshing and I really hope that Vivendi anounce a sequel.

Comment

platformer cum shooter
      *snigger*

Comment

Originally posted by E. Randy Dupre
        I'm cautiously optimistic about the chances of a sequel. When I was trying to find out information about the Xbox version's terrible screen-tearing, I tripped over a forum (might have been the official one, I forget) where one of threads was people complaining about how there'd probably never be a second game. One of the Swinging Ape developers popped into the thread and said that he wasn't able to comment because of an NDA. Which is as good as an unofficial confirmation, really. So, fingers crossed.
        I think Vivendi-Universal has chosen to turn down the sequel, despite Swingin' Ape offering it to them. They seemed raring to go with a follow-up, but they've not yet got a publisher.

Comment

Does any version stand out from the others? I see that Play.com are doing the PS2 version for 17.99 - Is there any difference from the Xbox version? Cheers!

Comment

Xbox one has some great digitial sound, the Gamecube one has better "control" mainly due to the better pad (imho).

Can't comment on the PS2 one but I'd imagine it's pretty much the same. Just buy whatever you want, nobody should miss out on Metal Arms.

Comment

Cheers Marklar, to Marklar a bit of cash I will Just Marklar the Marklar one as it's the chapest.

Comment

I just found the PS2 one for 14.99 and Xbox at 17.99 at Gameplay.com - does the PS2 have the 'tearing' that is mentioned earlier?

Also - is this one of those games that is infuringly difficult or is it OK? (say Halo difficulty on Normal/Heroic) Thanks again!

Comment

Like I said earlier I played it through on normal and it wasn't in any way a bind and definitely not infuriatingly difficult in any way. Only the first few levels up to the Zombie King may try yr patience slightly due to yr underpowered weapons but use a bit of nouse and you'll be fine. Then as soon as you start getting power-ups and buying stuff you'll be away.

Fear not...it's a Halo normal if that.

Comment

does the PS2 have the 'tearing' that is mentioned earlier?
                    Nope! Xbox-only "feature". Surprised MS don't put it on the back of the boxes

Comment

this keeps tempting me, I believe it's on a few places 2 for ?30 ranges now so I'm gonna try pick it up for cube on that. screen tearing does my nut in.

Comment

What screen tearing...lol?

Comment

GRAPHIC WHORE ALERT!!
                          Well I picked up the PS2 version for the very reasonable sum of ?5.19 from ebay!!! (brand new and sealed too!!) but the graphical clarity and smoothness is not a patch on the Xbox version (of which I have the demo!) - So if anyone else is thinking of getting this - get the Xbox version!! (the game is great though!!!!)

Comment

I bought the GC version for ?12, NTSC version mind you, from Videogamesplus.ca.

Have yet to play it although I did notice graphically it's quite accomplished.

Comment

Xbox version is ?9.99 in HMV. I picked it up last week.

Comment

Damn HMV Birmingham and their refurbishment. I would have picked it up at that price. Been looking for a decent shooter for a while. Gah.

Comment

Working...
                                X