F-Zero AX Monster ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edandersen
    I wonder if you can drift turbo in GX with a logitech wheel set to AX?
    Scrap that thought, you can't. The handling and drifting in GX is completely different to AX, even with a wheel and "AX Mode" on. Gay.

Comment

Originally posted by edandersen
      In other news, I've slaughtered your Green Plant time, Alex (by about 5 seconds)
      I hate you so much right now :P

Comment

Ed bruv - can u describe your T-drifting technique?

Comment

Thinking about diving back inta AX Cup time trialing (for the 5th time) after I finish AW2. I still have PHs kick-ass ghosts on my card.

I don't think I'll mess with the settings straight away, not until I've entered teh zone again anyhow.

Might even try beating me old SO:Sideshift time, if I can rack up the patience + nerves at once.

Comment

I'm glad someone has got some of my ghosts. Lent out my Cube and games a week or two ago and **the horror** the prat has some how wiped my GX memory card. All my times (btw Dave, i had bettered all of my AX times), my custom cars and worse of all my completed story mode, all gone!! There is a lesson to be learnt there i think.

Don't think i can be bothered to attempt the story mode again. #4 and #7 might be beyond me anyway.

A couple of questions for you AX players:

Can you use custom cars? Or is it just the basic stock cars?

Times? What times you getting on Lightning and the other AX tracks?

Comment

You can use custom cars even without the GX data, you unlock parts and drivers via the points you earn on your AX card. However to get the most out of it you have to mix the AX parts with the GX ones it seems - but the machine in Troc is not correctly configured/possibly damaged as you cannot use GX data due to the dodgy port and I seriously doubt it'll ever be sorted cos they eat dick.

The only custom car I have access to in AX is the "Bahamut" you get on the card with the game, I've only changed the driver - but imo the car reeks.

Cant for the life of me remember what the times were on Lightning - I want MY mobile b4 I give up challenging for that one! >_<

Comment

I think i read somewhere (a while back) that the best custom cars are a mix of AX and GX parts. Bit of a bummer if the GX memory card slot is knackered.

Comment

Aye, the best custom cars are a mixture of both.

For Mute City T-Drifting, you want the lightest car possible. Only using AX parts, the lightest and best car is the Dark Condor. However, mixing GX parts in, it is possible to get a lighter car.

If anywhere else in London gets a new cabinet with WORKING slot, I'll even buy a PAL copy just to use the linkup. Not fussed at the moment though, Dark Condor is badass enough. 7 and a half second laps!

I'll talk through the T-Drift technique later. I need a **** right now.

Comment

WTF is T-Drifting? Can you use the technique on GX or is it AX only?

7.5 sec laps on Mute City AX!! The fastest GX snaking laps are around about a second slower.

Comment

It is AX only.

T-Drifting can be used on ANY car on ANY accel setting; the catch is that it is far easier to pull off on lighter cars and with a higher accel setting. The fact that all cars can do it on all settings (unlike Snaking) implies that it is a deliberate technique. Using it skillfully on any track bar Mute City is going to take some practice, since changing corner direction involves gracefully stopping the T-Drift and restarting it. Sonic Oval is all left (hence I cannot T-Drift right for ****).

Basically, to start a T-Drift on Mute City AX (left turning):
                      1. On a turn (can be done on a straight, harder though), turn the wheel about 20-25 degrees left
                      2. Hold the left paddle to turn sharp
                      3. Jam the brake quickly but firmly to initiate a drift
                      4. Keep holding the left paddle, and try to align yourself in a straight line again - don't bother trying to hit the zippers, just stay in the middle. Keep the paddle held even if you hit the sides, you might be going fast enough for it not to matter.
                      5. As tempting as it is to gawp at the spedometer, keep your eyes on the track!

Bear in mind that letting go of the paddle will kill the drift. Don't bother with the boost until you've cracked it mind, it is VERY easy to go flying off the track. Easiest with a light car (i.e. high accel and high cornering, try Dark Condor) and on max accel, but all cars can pull it off to a degree.

Keep trying to get it right, it took me a tenner to crack it.

Comment

I wish I had an AX cab, or at least lived in London.

Desperately seeking revenge over those snaking sluts.

Pisses me off a little however that that technique is impossible at home - unless I'm missing something and the settings can be tweaked.

Comment

O' contrare, snaking is easy at home and near impossible in the arcades (according to Ed anyway, I havent tried snaking in the arcades and only done it the once or twice at home)

My friend already has a PAL copy so ive bought some cheap ass memory card specifically for FZero. Ever so tempted to action replay to get secret ships.. hmmm..

Comment

The above is a link to a streaming video of T-Drifting around Mute City. Unlike what some chumps say, he isn't snaking at the beginning, just trying to get into a drift. Notice how he drives relatively straight when he gets going!

Comment

WheeeeEEeeeeEeeeheeheeheeeee!!!111

Cant wait to master that!

Comment

I'll be in Troc tommorrow from about 4 to 5ish if anyone wants to see T-Drift in action

Comment

Working...
                                X