No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pissed my family well off in the ltteres i sent back, but when i saw my uncle get loads of money and items after a completed year i was well miffed.

Since were on the 4th year, i'm suprised i've only been able to upgrade my equipment twice.

Slow going.

I wish there was an option to have a moogle to carry the dam chalice, it runs full pelt on single player.

Ho hum.

Comment

Is anyone else upto the
      Originally posted by spoiler
      metero parasite
      yet?

Tedious?

Like i can't describe.

Comment

i am

oh, wait

Comment

Solo'ing that boss is one of the most tedious ....things ever!

And i have to go through it whenever i want to fight the last bosses
          hom much strength do i need in order to defeat the thing in a reasonable amount of time?

It didnt take me long to finish the game solo
          but multi-player is fun...ive only played 2 player though.

and the only annoying thing is the chalice....if they wanted to keep every player on svreen at once they didnt need the chalice....they did fine with the towns.

The last bosses are spectacular and there music is simply incredible.

Comment

I picked this up over the weekend, after getting a connectivity-itch that needed scratching (thanks, Four Swords+)

It's very purdy, ain't it? Nice music, great presentation... not too sure about the game myself though, it's very basic but I can see its strength lies in multiplayer. The better half loves it though although she is very slow at picking up on some details though, which can be frustrating (especially when I've told her already). We're only at the end of the second year and it does pick up a bit when you're used to the controls and work together (e.g. different player maps). Mrs. Marklar is thinking about creating another character to use already, even though she hasn't got the hang of her current avatar

Combat is nice, although initially seeming quite basic, there is a little more depth to it (e.g. teaming up with spells, mixing combat and spells). Job classes seem to be worked well, with even more depth added to the title - haven't worked everything out though, there is little documentation about how the stuff works other than the example given in the manual. Not too confident sending stuff home as it doesn't seem to make much difference

Also, we don't know how to beat the boss in the mansion. Any tips??

Comment

Ah, you just beat up on his pretty little ho, then he doesn't regenerate.

Nice and relaxed pace to CC though, although it isn't that addictive a title (unlike say, Four Swords+). The missus enjoys it (even single player as she has the advantage of playing it already in multi), I find it a little slow.

Comment

One of my friends organised a FF:CC sesh over the weekend, and I bought a link cable just to play it.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much (what with the mixed reviews and my general disillusionment with Square and the FF franchise in general), but this game is very, very good.

What I love is the way it fosters a sense of co-operation. It's not a matter of whose character's the 'hardest' (or whatever) as you all have to work together and use your strengths for the greater good of the team.

I also like the way the magic system works and how mixing spells creates new ones. The whole thing with letters from family is a nice, endearing touch and makes your quest seem more personal.

I don't really need to mention the graphics...

The chalice thing didn't annoy me, and unlike Edge, I thought the bubble added quite a tactical element to combat. Speaking of which, I'm now convinced Edge never played the same game (or if they did, then it wasn't for very long), it's review being little more than an exaggerated whinge-fest.

So yeah, I love it. We'll be having another session this weekend, no doubt and I can't wait. Nothing beats the buzz of beating a tricky boss as a team. 8)

Oh, does anyone know who did the music for this game? It sounds more like Yoko Shimomura than Nobuo Uematsu, but I could be wrong...

Comment

Ady, the chalice bubble becomes a huge hindrance in some boss fights.

The desert boss for one. Pinning you against a wall halves your fighting area and you get rogued by a terribly cheap attack.

Does anyone have a decent strategy for that thing?

Comment

I've gone off this completely; it's very poor overall, with some heavily forced game mechanics. It's flawed in multiplayer (unless you have four-people) and single player is too easy.

The biggest flaw is probably the spell-fusion; this can be used by a single player to enhance weapons and to cast more powerful spells but is then removed from multi-player, requiring the additional players to complement the spell-casting ability of another player. That's all fine and dandy, but the game forces this on players, meaning they aren't given the freedom to play how they want. Couple this with some "OK, we need to do this on the boss" when one player has the wrong mix of items/abilities, needing to offload them to another player and it all falls apart. Quickly.

I dunno about anyone else either, but the graphics are THAT smooth and nice, it makes me fall asleep too!

If you're after a multiplayer game, Four Swords+ is a hundred times better than this.

Comment

I have to agree that this game turned sour at about the 5th year. Certain levels are completely off putting for exploration, the samp level for example. Moving so slowly means the areas you missed are simply left as the effort becomes an annoying trawl.

It hasn't been touched since 4 swords + arrived.

Now there's a multiplayer game.

Comment

Aye, it simply doesn't hold up against the frantic pace of hammering away with your sword in Zelda Four Swords+.

I just put it on every now and again for the intro....pure bliss

Comment

Working...
                        X