No announcement yet.

Psyvariar 2: The Will To Fabricate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34" thats crazy, I've managed to secure a room in the house for Psyvariar 2 play only but the best TV I could come up with was this.

still it does the job. I'm pretty impressed to log on this morning to find that some of you have broken the 1300 buzz barrier on Area 0 already.

Comment

Ok - I fly about near stuff and my buzz count goes up.
      How do I know when I can fly through stuff without blowing up?
      Still very confused (its my age!)

Comment

(need a monitor like that >_&lt

(Five Ascetics) I start at the side almost level to the enemies and let the shots skim past me from the front, once the shield activates run through the enemies and into position to do the same for the next wave.
        I tend to memorise start positions for each wave and make sure I finish each one in a position to start the next.

To get used to the tactics try this (just keep trying till you get used to it)
        You know in the first section where you get those enemies that fire twin lines of yellow dots? You can sit still and not be damaged, learn where you can do this, so that you are getting into position to anticipate it. Once you get them all the time try ramming the enemies as soon as you level up and then into position for the next attack.

These enemies too - they fire twin lines of blue orb like shots (fired twice with a short pause between), you can sit still and take the first one to level up and then spin for the second shot.

Like here - you can actually just sit dead still in the middle with these six enemies around you and buzz with shield until they leave the screen. Get it right and your shield will last to the next bit which will let you do it quicker resulting in more level ups. The tactic is the still still for the first but when you get the shield start spinning, in hard mode they fire enough to keep your shield going until the next bit (but not on easy or normal)

Comment

Cheers Ill put im some serious hours tonight.

( one point though , if you sit still and let them go away then surely your not going to get 100 destruction.I managed to get 100 on area 0 , but my Buzz wasnt something to shout about ^^; )

Comment

While waiting for a PS2 version (and hopefully the addition of a roll button) can anyone find that quality picture and caption Saurian did with Agent Smith? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Comment

Hoathenfold, there's a shrinking burst of light after the lightning. Once it's gone, you are vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
                Im sure you all will like this website:

http://tiantian.gooside.com/
                Were the videos in the "movie" link ?
                If so that page has been taken down, is there anywhere else I can get them from

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ExpertKing
                  Cheers Ill put im some serious hours tonight.

( one point though , if you sit still and let them go away then surely your not going to get 100 destruction.I managed to get 100 on area 0 , but my Buzz wasnt something to shout about ^^; )
                  Yeah you can destroy them all in the first section but at the moment I sacrifice destruction for buzz on the second stage (area 1)

Suppose you have four enemies

1 2 3 4

---X---

X is you: sit there and let yourself level-up, as soon as you do spin and rush forward and left and follow the path ramming through 1 2 3 and 4 then back into position to anticipate the next.
                  I can get 100 destruction on the first area now all the time using this method.

can anyone find that quality picture and caption Saurian did with Agent Smith? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Comment

Those Area 6 captures look like Satriani album covers.

I didn't touch the guitar once last night, which is seriously bad. I feel well bad today becuase of that.

I'll take some pics of my setup tonight - I don't fancy turning my telly on its side though, it's too bloody heavy.

(My room is a tip thanks to the central heating installers BTW, Psy is stoppping me from tidying up)

Check this out! The camera I'm borrowing can do short bursts of video! (1min approx) - I'm gonna film my Area 0 performance and give you slags something to laugh at.

Comment

I'm starting to get the hang of the game now, although I've not managed to get more than about 800 buzz in any of the stages yet.

Couple of quick questions for the gurus, though:

What are you supposed to do in the boss battles? Is there any way to get your neutrino bar off of being red? I'm having trouble really getting much buzz out of the bosses because the bar goes up so slowly, so I'm just tending to shoot them. I'm guessing this isn't the right approach, though.

Also, what's a chain? Is it just how much buzz you get without losing a life? Does anything else other than dying break the chain?

Comment

Boss tactics are different this time round - but the whole point is still the same: you must rinse as much buzz out of them as you can.
                        From that site that Kron linked to they say the upper limit for area 1 is 5500buzz, so they must be buzzing the boss till it self destructs (as in the previous games) but as far as the actual tactics for doing so - havent been able to work out a routine to cane THAT much buzz off the boss but at least we all know what's possible and can work towards that. Red Neutrino is more or less the same buzz rate you got on Revison's bosses, you can keep a shield chain going when you are in the red but you must keep track of the bar to keep it ready to max out when you want it to.
                        In Revision even tho you had the reduced rate on the bosses you could totally cane them once you know the value to keep it ready for each section and Psyvariar 2 is the same (just gotta learn them tho!)

Buzz chains are reset on losing a life or passing a stage.

Comment

I got around 2000+ out of the boss last night, I'm getting better at dodging bullets. He eventually kills me though (due to me over-buzzing the shot origins). I'm trying not to use the bombs at all. However, I'll play it safe tonight in order to finally post some Area 1 scores.

Area 1 hard is SOOO easy! You feel like that ship out of that crappy film 'Teh Core' - The deeper it gets the more resilient it is to pressure.

I could be doing with a 'tighter' stick though, I tend to push myself that little bit too far when following streams - Saur, are you using your 'slack' DC stick? That'd be a nightmare for me!

Comment

Yeah man - there is no tension on my stick at all and the switches only need a slight motion to activate.

Have a look at this vid man - this is what I mean about timing the bar during boss battles, the tactic still applies just have to learn when and where.

ebrain21.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ebrain21.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

That vid brings back some memories. 8)

I wish it was the pointy ship on Psy2, that point makes the visualality a little easier (if that makes sense).

I'm sure I've reached that boss on Psy2 with Shooting-type.

EDIT: still only buzzing to lvl.10 up until the 2nd set of spinners after the 2 blue pods, I'm sure I can get to 11 after a bit more practice. The scary thing is, I've now gone back to dying 50/50 right after the spawn. I need a couple more hours to get back into my relatively weak 'zone' bringing it down to 10/90.

The guy whose camera I'm supposed to be borrowing isn't in - he's doing an art demonstration in Glasgow until Monday.

Comment

Damn, this game is so good. I've had a quick go with the shooter type, and it's great. You need to time your shooting so you fire on an enemy just after they spit out bullets. Shooting it levels you up and then you can buzz all the bullets. Chaining this together with good enough timing can make you invincible for ages in some sections.

Comment

Working...
                                X