Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

petej can you please name a better action game this generation

Comment

What is this thing about the Dragon Eye the shopkeeper talks about? I beat the Dragon and he simply drops the life of the gods (or something insignificant)

Am i missing something?

Comment

Prine,

Originally posted by spoiler
        You get the rest of the sword not for defeating the dragon but later in the game back in the graveyard. It's not something you will miss either, the story/game leads you to it

Comment

Cheers

Comment

taurusnipple its seems like you mastered the game what would you rate it

Comment

I'll probably get laughed at for this, but I actually prefer P.N.03 to Ninja Gaiden.

PN03 is sure of what it is and is confident enough to stick to its guns throughout the experience. It's almost as Team Ninja were unsure if the Ninja theme could last, so they came up with a rather silly plot-line to get by this. Not to say that this makes Gaiden a bad game, far from it, but I think more focus would have improved the game.

I'd have liked the central hub of the game to be based around the look and feel of the first two levels, also, but that is just me.

Comment

Managed to play a couple of levels of this last night - and very entertaining it was too; particularly liked -

the bloke with the nunchukas - a perfect lesson in what over-blocking will get you...a severe slap to the head.
                The camera's a little low for my liking, but it's not the end of the world - looking forward to playing more over the weekend

Comment

Yeah I enjoyed that level alot too, charlie angel.
                  It kept pissing me off though when I kept dying and he kept saying this...
                  I see you've made it this far
                  What was great though was the fact that Ninja Gaiden from that point felt a little like Dead or Alive 3...

When ya blocked too much it from a certain combo, he'd rush in and throw ya... I liked that a lot!

Comment

Gamespot have revealed the easy(er) way to get Ninja Gaiden 1, 2 and 3.

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 1

Muramasa gives you this after you hand over all 50 scarabs.
                    Get all 50 golden scarabs and visit Muramasa's shop. You don't need to do them all in one play session. Continue your game from a successive save, and you start off with all the scarabs you picked up the last time. Now you can pick up the scarabs you missed. The spots of the scarabs you got in the previous game are now empty. When you hand over all 50, Muramasa will give you the Ninja Gaiden game disc that you can use in the arcade machine on the first floor of Han's Bar.

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 2, the Easy Way

From this platform above the door to Pleasure Street, shoot an arrow at the clock face to unlock Ninja Gaiden 2.
                    Been slaving away, trying to get Master Ninja on every chapter? Get Ninja Gaiden 2 the easy way! After you get Ninja Gaiden 1, go to the Clock Tower Plaza of Tairon. Get up on the ledge above the multicolored door that takes you to Pleasure Street. This is the same ledge where you flip the switch to unlock that door. Pull out your bow and aim at the clock tower across the street. Shoot the face of the clock and a treasure chest will appear on the building across the street. Jump down, and go into the doorway across the street with the stairs. Ascend to the top, and find the chest there containing the Ninja Gaiden 2 game disc. You heard it on GameSpot first.

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 3, the Easy Way

To get Ninja Gaiden 3 the easy way, you must get Ninja Gaiden 2 first. Once you have that, go to the Peristyle Passage, which is the ceremonial room in the Aquaducts, just before your boss fight with the giant fossil bird. It's adjacent to the Hall of Balance. Remember the golden scarab you got on top of the broken pillar? Triangle jump back up there and you'll find the Ninja Gaiden 3 game disc. You heard it on GameSpot first.

Play Classic Ninja Gaiden Games From the Main Menu

You must go to Han's Bar to play the Ninja Gaiden games at first, but there is a way to get the classic games accessible from the main menu. Just beat Xbox Ninja Gaiden while having a classic Ninja Gaiden disc in Ryu's inventory. A new option will be added to the main menu that will allow you to play the old-school Ninja Gaiden games without visiting Han's Bar.
                    Seems you still have to get NG1 the hard way, but 2 and 3 are far easier

Comment

Im on level 4 now, and its growing on me gradually. Apart from the combat there seems little else to it, the locations seem almost completely random and the environments are very barren and offer minimal levels of interactivity whilst no real thought needs to go into it at all. Thankfully the combat is superb and will keep me going back, Im also finding it rather hard but I guess its just a case of learning the combos and powering up. Its a long way off Devil May Cry for me, but in its own right its still a damn enjoyable game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinku
                        Originally posted by t3h MJ
                        Its a long way off Devil May Cry

Comment

Was about to post something along those lines too. Heck, at the moment I'm even enjoying Magatama more than NG (though that'll probably all change in the future).

Comment

I dunno about that MonkeyWrench.... I liked Magatama but got bored quickly... Ninja Gaiden is a much better action title...i spit on Shinobi's lack luster title aswell..... *spit*

Comment

a few people have been asking about using Live with NG on a chipped PAL Xbox so here's the steps to change it to US using ConfigMagic Final

The steps are :

1. Unlock HD
                              2. On-The-Fly Edit Eeprom
                              3. Change "video and xbe region" to NTSC, Region 1 (exactly as i've written it)
                              4. Update Xbox eeprom
                              5. Load Xbox Eeprom
                              6. Lock HD

Thats your Xbox now a US machine, if you want to change it back to PAL just do the same steps but either change the region to
                              PAL, Region 4 or NTSC, Region 4

The latter will give you a pal machine but with an ntsc video setting.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravon
                                I dunno about that MonkeyWrench.... I liked Magatama but got bored quickly... Ninja Gaiden is a much better action title...i spit on Shinobi's lack luster title aswell..... *spit*
                                Well I'm not very far in to either of them, but what I have played I found I connected a little more with the feel of Magatama. I didn't say it was a better game, I just said I was enjoying it more at this moment in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X