No announcement yet.

Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent sold the game and i wont do. Im dissapointed that some people would do such a thing. Ive been busy recently with things my end hence my lack of being online with SB. Ive had some excellent games and i have the recomended upload speed for xboxlive.
    Its great but ive yet to play the game online the way its meant to be played, 5v5.

Comment

Well, if I were in those gamer's shoes, I'd take the oppurtunaty to play/revisit the original title. I don't know of many who have played through the first campaign, let alone the second.

Anybody got some Garpikes they want to sell?? I could do with a couple more, just in case I lose mine

Comment

Good point marklar. Like youve said its an excellent game and just needs people to give it a chance. Hopefully il be on it tonight, decortating here at the mo so il have to clear up some space.

Comment

Comment

by that you mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
              I had a few games last night; man, the Garpike is an awesome assault mech.
              My Prommy M3 ate a Garpike the last mission I played.

I will grant that the railgun is laden with cheese, though.

Comment

Aye, it's a nice VT the M3; that railgun tips a straight on fight in its favour. I bet that Garpike taste nice What mission was that? We had someone clever think they could handle us in 18 (I think, might be 17 -- the one with the power cells), so we took him down big time! The guy who got him caught his VT, never laughed so hard in ages 'cos he came straight back in the game, crying for his VT back

Comment

Hehe, I can't play campaign missions due to connection errors, so I have yet to experience Grand Theft Vertical Tank. That sounds funny, though... like your teammate was going to give the VT back after that.

The mission I played was a 2 on 2 free mission conquest, which actually ended up one-sided. My team was me in the M3 and another guy in a Sheepdog. The other team was... a Garpike. There was a Falchion with him originally but I think his connection died, because he didn't show up in the replay.

So, not the most balanced of missions. I took the Garpike on 1-1, though. He might have given me more trouble if he'd dodged the railgun shot, but after I hit him once it was pretty much over. A few 355-rf slugs, and *pop*.

On another mission, this one Battle Royale, I was in a Jaralaccs C, and this guy in a Rapier was absolutely eating me alive. Once he zipped passed and got behind me I was almost never able to get my guns back on him again. That Rapier steers like a motorcycle.

Comment

See, I lost my Garpike last night 'cos they're generally no good in a medium ranged fight as the weapons are geared for close range. Reason we beat the M3 was due to mines; there isn't anywhere to go once the Garpike's start dropping them mines... other than that, they don't really have the oompf to outgun a standard VT. Get close though and it's all over for the opposing mech.

Didn't have many good games last night; ranked up, didn't really lose any supply points (although I lost a few VTs) and my kill count is still higher than my lost but I just couldn't get into it properly. We've all been there, in one game or another... that's how I ended up losing my Garpike; over confidence on my part, rather than guarding the south bridge to our city, saw me get overwhelmed with no sub-weapon ammo and an assault rifle >_<

D'oh!

The missus wants to play this too now, after watching me for a bit. She kind likes the community aspect to it, says it reminds her of PSO a little!

Go away girl, it's MINE!

Comment

New turn started; Right Brother's are so dead. 4% of the map, to HSD's 46% and the remaining PRF. It even says they're on the brink of annihilation

From the VTs I've driven, they seem to have the tactical advantage over both teams (excl. JAR-heads); I would've thought more people would have jumped ship to get to grips with some of the newer VT features... oh well!

The new maps are well hard too; fave being a kind of reverse to the existing canyon stage; you're walking around on a higher level, with the ravine filled with water. You can drop off the side or (playing it safe), find the lower ramps off into the water. Bases appear on different islands, with a single base a piece to begin with. Primary mission objective is to destroy the opposing team, so it's just your basic stuff. Probably a good level for support/sniper VTs, with marker support.

Comment

Yay, I have a Quasar in free mission now.

Comment

Oooh, exciting times now -- the round is nearly up (if experienced from the start, should prove enough experience to comment on the quality of the game ). Who's gonna win? Will RB be totally killed off?

*rubs hands*

The Quasar is a cool VT although the over-reliance on the Railgun is a major flaw in most pilot's skills (imho). I've seen one (well, two, counting the respawn) taken by an m-Vitzh I'm up to Warrant Officer, which isn't too bad. I'm in the top 100 this turn, which is nice

edit: Also, I no longer believe anybody who complains about connection problems. There was a couple yesterday, with 128k upload, BOTH playing SB thru their PC and their connection was still superior. There seems to be a bit of "I'm not letting anyone in who hasn't got a superior connection" from the hosts but games are mostly filled with random folks anyway

You just ain't playing it properly

Comment

I am getting this on thursday or friday.

PLease feel free to add me to your friends list for some easy kills.

Comment

Likewise, I might be playing this week if my LOC disc turns up from Amazon cos I'm on Live now

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                                edit: Also, I no longer believe anybody who complains about connection problems. There was a couple yesterday, with 128k upload, BOTH playing SB thru their PC and their connection was still superior. There seems to be a bit of "I'm not letting anyone in who hasn't got a superior connection" from the hosts but games are mostly filled with random folks anyway

You just ain't playing it properly
                                *snort*

Comment

Working...
                                X