No announcement yet.

The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally loving it but am having trouble with the end of 2-2, when I hit the 4 stone eye things with the sword (like you do in earlier levels to finish the level) I get a yes/no option. How do I get past them? Do I need to use a different item/weapon?

Thanks.

Comment

If you want help on 2-2 just send me a PM, I can remember what to do and where to go to complete it.

Comment

You need to upgrade your sword; you need a total of 2000 rupees.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
          You need to upgrade your sword; you need a total of 2000 rupees.

AAAaaaahhhh.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
            If you want help on 2-2 just send me a PM, I can remember what to do and where to go to complete it.

Thanks Mike.

You are a Zelda ninja

Someone tells me that Epona makes an apperance, am I being lied to?

Comment

No you are not being lied too

Comment

Epona!

I cant wait to get to that bit.

*sits at desk humming Black Beauty theme tune*

Comment

After posting my last message, I went back and immediately did the bit I was stuck on. Strange... something must have been funny the first time, but I got the rock heh. Finished the first two stages before going to bed, will tackle 1-3 tonight. Am I right in thinking the levels are set and there is nothing random unlike the GBA version?

Also Mart, if you have time, a guide on how to play Tetra's Trackers would be appreciated so we can get the most out of it
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I played quite a bit of Tetra's and I think I was a bit quick to judge - it's actually quite good fun (does that still make me a loon?).

I still don't entirely get it, but most of it is straight forward.

After you (eventually...) get to start, play the minigame (always the same?) until the time runs out. I have no idea why you play this, doesn't seem to do much. When the proper game starts, with the big map, you need to search for the pirates in order (1,2,3 etc). You can get bonuses such as X2 from chests that'll mean you skip a number when getting a pirate - 1+2= 3 for example, which means you then have to find 4. It's a bit odd, but I think that's how it works.

The first to reach each pirate gets the point, and the idea is to obviously get more than anyone else. I managed to get 55 on my second go, which seemed alright. You also get extra points for picking up rupies etc, and can unlock new maps at the end.

It's a bit dull in single player after 20 minutes or so, but I can imagine it being great on 4 player. Annoying how long it takes to start a new game though, takes about 10 minutes...

Comment

I'm trying to put together a mini-guide for Tetra right now, but I forgot how much work writing a guide is - will plug on though and get something up on GameFAQs sometime soon. Promise.

There are loads of little things that make Tetra fun though and add a bit of spice to the proceedings. To answer some points made here then:

* By completing certain tasks like opening chests and whatnot, you'll earn multiplier stars - as Pete said, it increases the number of stamps you get. However, it's a simple addition thing - if you've got a 4x star, you'll get the stamp you should get PLUS three more. It's not about adding up the numbers of the stamps... you just get several stamps at once and that's the only way to rack up high scores (you can stack stars by having several in your possession at once). However, you have to pay for every stamp you collect, so this drains your rupee stash quicker; collecting rupees is just as important as collecting stamps.

* There's a secret seashell hidden in even level - finding it unlocks something special in every map. For instance, the first one allows you to use the gambling machines dotted around each stage; stick five rupees inside and then if the spinning wheel in the corner of the TV screen lands on your winning segment (it stops periodically), you get a multiplier star. There loads more, but I've only unlocked three of them so far... including one that allows you to have the girl with the pot on her head from Wind Waker (the first island) instead of Tetra shouting at you mid-game.

* The mini-games at the start of each game dictate the items you start with and how many rupees you have - there are several minigames, so it's not the same every time. If you miss any items, you'll have to find them in the main game and that obviously wastes time; this makes more sense in multiplayer, as it's fairly easy to get all the items when playing alone. Complete the minigame without making a mistake (depends on what game you're playing - bursting the wrong balloon, opening the wrong chest and so on) and you get a multiplier star from the very start.

* Get the bingo card in the mini-game and you can play the sub-game that occurs halfway through the main game - the guy from the battleship bit of Wind Waker pops up and plays a game depending on the map (I've only played two - a bingo style one and a question one which isn't very good as its in Japanese). Win and it's another multiplier star for you.

* One of the pirates at the start is branded the Bonus pirate - he'll ALWAYS give you two stamps rather than the usual one, so getting to him first is a good way to boost your score (especially if you've got a multiplier).

There's loads more besides (talking to the fairy to collect keys, spyglasses and finally Triforce pieces, hitting buttons to switch the places of the stamps, a special Bonus Time bit that comes up twice every game where the numbers of the stamps are revealed rather than being hidden), but I've outlined some of the basics. It's really good fun, either alone or with mates - if you disagree, then you're a loon like PeteJ.

Comment

Oi! Bitch

Can we expect a review in gTM from yourself? You better! We're watching you...

Comment

It's difficult - planning games coverage is all about pacing yourself and although we've no doubt that mags like EDGE and C&VG will review it (one properly, the other just because it'll let them slap it on the cover... you work out which is which), we'd prefer to hold off until at least the US review so as not to leave ourselves having to repeat coverage we've already run.

Needless to say though, it will be in next issue so I can go on about Tetra for ages. Promise.

Comment

cheers for the Navi's Trackers tips Mart. I guess this game either makes sense or it doesn't, judging by the mixed response.

I have a few questions though:

1) how well hidden are the sea shell and tri-force pieces?

2) what does the spy glass do?

3) how do you play the mini games (like bingo) - does the main game pause while they are happening?

4) what determines where the balloon item takes you?

Comment

Definitely sounds promising, will have a go over the weekend. Though a proper step-by-step guide on how to play it properly (a la Gamefaqs document) would be great

Because we won't get to see it in English of course... is there a time limit btw or is it just who finishes everything first? First time through may well just explore and see how it all pans out...
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I think you get a 9 minute time limit.

Edit -

Naargh, I'm stuck on 2-3. I'm really **** at this game, as you can probably tell
                                I've...
                                Originally posted by spoiler
                                Completed the left side of the level and got the bow & arrow, also done most of the right side and done everything I can see to do with the bombs. The bit I'm stuck on is the bit where the giant black ball follows you down the hole. I've ran around for ages through endless rooms finding endless secret walkways, but I just cannot work out how to get through the blocks - tried pushing, pulling, different formations, differnet weapons... Nothing seems to be working! It's probably reall obvious, but I'll be damned if I can work out what to do.
                                Second edit - finished the bit I was stuck on about a minute after posting this. Thought I had tried something obvious when actuall I had not. Doh.

Comment

Working...
                                X