No announcement yet.

The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I don't... I'm going back to it right now, but I think I'm really going to need some guidance on this (and that makes me feel bad - I've never needed help on a Zelda game ever, not even if its in Japanese. Heck, I wrote an entire guide on Wind Waker from the Jap version and didn't get a single thing wrong... )

Comment

Btw which bracelet is the half damage one (blue I'm guessing) and which is the pick up more one (yellow I think)?

Still stuck on 2-2, driving me nuts now...

Originally posted by spoiler
      Got the feather, gone to long house, pushed the barrels, got the book from the teller... who does this go to? I've spoken to EVERYONE on the level (even the people in the queue and the shadow world) and I've not had anyone take it from me and give me something else. Arggghhhh!
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The book goes to the witch who's holding the house over her head - she's in the shadow world in the same spot where you gave the man a letter earlier. If you can't reach her, you've used the teleport stones in the wrong order - I made the same mistake too.
        5-2 is driving me maaaaaad. There's nothing else to do, so I've given up until the Commander tells me how to do it... how on earth do I get the bracelet? Bah. ft:

Comment

Just finished it today. Great, great game perhaps my favourite Zelda. Finished it in 1p but have a 2p game going at the same time, we're up to 4-2 in that. It's great the way the game changes depending on the number of people, it's only small little things like puzzles but it helps keep it fresh.

Mart. I think that'll help you out.
          Just curious but did you take the chicken to the old guy in the house? The letter in the back mentions something about it, he gives you a key and there's your bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
            The book goes to the witch who's holding the house over her head - she's in the shadow world in the same spot where you gave the man a letter earlier. If you can't reach her, you've used the teleport stones in the wrong order - I made the same mistake too.
            Wrong order? Do you mean I should use each one only in a specific spot then? Well this is how I've been using them so far:

1) Talk to old man, find warp spot, talk to man again and get stone and use.

2) After talking to the queue guy you get the shovel from, push the fat woman out the way and use the stone inside the house on the warp spot directly south of the house (by the queue).

3) Talk to the teller south of the arrow game and use that orb to reach the shadow world where you get the letter. Should I be instead using the one just south of the third warp point instead? If so, then I presume there should be a warp spot in the area with the long house/red headed guy you give the letter to?

Comment

I'm trying not to complete this title too quickly as I want to experience it with someone else afresh, saying that I'm already upto level 2-2

How many levels are there in total then?

Comment

Yep, you're right Mayhem - there IS a teleport spot north of the letter guy, just behind the blue man you have to talk to in order to get the spade. Use the stone you get from the fortune teller by the Shooting Gallery here instead of by the letter house and you'll be laughing.

Hope that helps...
                Oh, and big thanks to Earl. Chickens? I knew it had something to do with that... I'm so crap.

Comment

I'm the same as Mayhem, still stuck on 2-2.
                  However, despite the difficulties and the fact I've been trying it for like 3 days it's my favourite level so far. The way the GBA works for the shadow bits is genius and in general it's such a clever level.
                  I think I can get 2/3 of the way through it, gonna try again.

What would be useful is if somebody can write a quick guide for the entire level, but split it up into well spaced bullet points so that anybody who is stuck can take a quick glance at what they are stuck on and not read further than they want.
                  Just an idea if anybody can be arsed.

Comment

2:2 guide is on gamefaqs, a huge thread about it. I'll find a link because I'm nice...3rd reply down. Not written very well, but it should help anyone who is completely stuck.

--

I had my first Zelda + multiplayer experience last night, and it was a mixture of utter genius and fairly average gameplay. We tried Shadow Battle first, since I had not seen it and I thought it'd be a good way to get used to the controls. It was, unfortunately, crap. The mode just isn't as amusing as I had hoped from the rolling demo at the start of the game. Perhaps when people knew entirely what they were doing it would improve, but as it stands the mode is quite poor.

Jumped straight into the main game after 2 rounds, and the other three and myself got bored waiting for the game to start - why have such a long, unskipable intro? But anyway, when the game actually started I had more fun in a multiplayer game than I have done since Halo. I was almost crying with laughter at certain points, and the entire thing often turned into a complete farce; and yet, importantly, we were still able to work well as a team when it really counted. The ability to set other Link's on fire is probably the most amusing thing ever, and being able to pick others up and throw them never gets boring either.

A bit right at the end of the first world has you climbing up through a castle in a series of jumps. It's very easy, but still people were having trouble. Myself and one other were waiting on the Gamecube screen at the very top starting pissing about after noticing there was a gap in the wall which you could throw another player right down to the bottom again - turned into a complete farce when all four of us where up there!

At the end of each level each player must - I think - vote for the Best and Worst player via the GBA screen. It's great watching your score go up and down, though none of us had a clue what was going on. Also nice is that each player during the game has a ranking above their head (1st to 4th, obviously) depending how many points they've picked up. I like how if there is only one object to pick up, such as bow and arrow, only one player can take it, which I wasn't expecting.

My main problem with this game is the level design. It is always extremely clever, but not always suited to multiplayer. I'd rather each room be a big puzzle to which each player must work together to complete. World One does this well, but the second world has each entire level become the puzzle. There is just far too much backtracking and to'ing and fro'ing, something that just doesn't work very well. I've not seen passed 3.2, so hopefully things do improve. I shall certainly be skipping the second world when I play it four player again, that's for sure.

A highly recommended game anyway. For the ?22 it cost, you simply cannot go wrong if you are playing it multi or single player.

Comment

Seeing as I've done it now Bowser (as I pre-empted Mart's reply) here's a quick list for you to complete the level. I'm sure there's plenty more to do off the beaten track once we know in English what everyone is saying!

Talk to guy by entrance
                      Find sparkly bit by owl stand
                      Talk to old guy again and get orb #1 and use at sparkly place
                      Warp in, collect stuff, warp out

Go north, then west, go into queue house on right hand side (collect 100 rupees, do pass go heh)
                      Speak to eye patch guy
                      You then need to speak to the four people on the level who need help.

Push the fat woman out of the way of the door, enter, collect orb #2
                      Use just south of your position by the end of the queue
                      Complete maze game in under 20 seconds to get boots
                      Warp out

Rush the queue and get through the gap
                      Talk to needy person #1 who's by the fortune teller
                      You can either get back by rushing the queue again or the hole covered by a bush

Go east, talk to needy person #2 (top of screen)
                      Go south, then east. Collect lamp from house
                      Burn stumps, enter right most door of multientrance house to talk to needy person #3
                      Go west, then west.
                      Play arrow game
                      Speak to needy person #4

Go back to eye patch guy. When asked the three options, pick the right most one. Get spade
                      Go east, south, east
                      Dig below the pot house to reveal hole
                      Go down and appear in the enclosed area that's on the left of the screen.
                      Go south, trigger switches, collect orb #3
                      Use in the top part of the enclosed area, and warp

Go to house here that the lamp was in normal world. There'll be a red and blue girl. Whichever you pick, the other will refuse to talk to you. Pick the red for a fire rod, the blue for an extra heart. If you don't get the fire rod though, you'll need to warp back to get a lamp for the next bit.

Burn through to the same house as per normal world. Enter on the east side and talk to girl. She'll give you a letter.

Warp back to normal world, go west and then north. Talk to the guy in the field with the red hair (you can see a moving shadow right in front of him). He'll give you a feather in exchange.

Go south, west, south. Talk to fortune teller to get orb #4. Go back to where you got the feather and use the orb behind the needy guy up the top.

Enter the long house in this screen, jump the gap using the feather and push the barrels out of the way.

Talk to fortune teller, get book, warp to shadow world.

Speak to witch, she'll make a house appear in the normal world. Warp back.

Enter house and go down steps. This'll take you the other side of the posts. From here it's a simple matter of going along and then finishing the level....
                      Phew that's done!

On 3-2 at the moment and stuck again...

Reached the point with the 4 cauldron like things, one white and three black with white strings coming out of them. What the hell do I do here? Tried items and weapons and water flasks etc...

Comment

Bah what am I supposed to do at the beginning of 3-1? After the archers and bridge?

Comment

3.2:

You need to set fire to the bit of string leading to the White pot. To do this, go to the screen below and get to the top right of the screen. I can't quite remember how to get there, but I think you need to go into the far right door at the bottom, hammer the wooden bits and fall off as close to the right edge as possible. Do the following bit on the GBA screen and you'll grab the Fire Pots. The rest is quite obvious. I suggest getting all 4 links to grab a pot each, since I found the string didn't burn as I expected - and backtracking to get another pot can take a while. If you blow up the wrong bomb remember to get into the cave before it goes off - if you just run off the GC screen the bomb will still be there the next time you return.

Comment

so how many hours can be expected from this game? I'm really keen to buy it !

Comment

Dammit! Why does this game keep doing this to me? Just when I thought I was clear, 5-3 has thrown up a problem right at the end...

A room with two teleporters in it, one either side of a wall. I can reach both, so that's not the problem - what is causing me grief is that there are four Dekus in the room when I teleport to the shadow world, two either side of the wall. They each mention a different number (1 and 4 at the bottom, 2 and 3 on the right) but I can't make out anything else. There's a locked door, so I assume they give me the key... but I can't work it out. I've tried talking to them in order - 1 to 4 and 4 to 1 - as well as using individual Links and different ones for each Deku. What am I doing wrong? Earl? Commander? Anyone? Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by Great King Bowser
                                Bah what am I supposed to do at the beginning of 3-1? After the archers and bridge?
                                On the screen with the huge number of electric walking thingies, there's a secret hole with an Ethos (remember that?) medal inside. You have to take that all the way as far as you can (several screens further on) and use it.
                                Btw who else has played this in multiplayer yet? I redid level 1 with my brother (to show him how it worked), and we got a prompt from Tingle. Saying yes has deposited one of his little "towers" in level 1, that you can play a horse racing game. Though we've yet to figure out if it actually has any meaning or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X