X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I am stuck

I am on 5-3

Originally posted by spoiler
    I am in the room with the 2 rooms with all the weapons. There are 4 switches to hit. I can hit 3 of them but the one in the abyss (bottom left area) I can't hit. How do I do it. I know I am probably mising something really stupid but it has me stumped for ages last night.
    Help please

Comment

MikeF:

If I remember correctly, you need to use various weapons to hit the switches (pretty obvious, really). The one blocked with pots requires you to use a powered up Arrow, two can be hit with the slingshot or the boomerang and the final one needs you to throw the boomerang diagonally... I think. I'll go back to it at lunchtime and double check, just to be sure.
      I myself am stuck on 8-3, the very last level... and it's driving me insane.

There's a main room with five doors leading out of it, with several places where teleport stones can be used. One of the doors leading out of this room (bottom left) leads into an area where switches have to be hit from the room above with the boomerang - I can get through here, but the next room seems to be impossible. There's a switch and a button to be pressed, across a massive divide - by pushing the stones by the now closed door, I can reveal a warp point that allows me to cross the gap in the shadow realm. Back in the real world, I can then hit the switch blocked by statues, though I think I'm doing it in a slightly naughty way - there's a way of making your boomerang glitch through the statues, hitting the switch and opening the door so I can get the key and teleport stone inside. But how on earth do I hit the button that re-opens the door I came in through and allows me to escape? It's got to have something to do with warping and there's a sign that gives hints, but I haven't got a clue. Anyone help please?

Comment

Thanks Mart

I figured that out but can't mange to
        throw the boomerang diagonally. Do I have to stand right onthe endge of the platform that is jutting out ?

Comment

Onto 4-2 and slightly stuck...

Reached the graveyard. Now from previous Zelda experience, there are holes under the graves. Everything seems to hinge off getting the bow, but how? Is there a switch to turn off the blocks so I can get to it? Is it under the pot in the same chamber? If so, how to break it cos you can't jump over there (too far).
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

mart:

You're supposed to hit the switch from the other side of the wall, from behind the status (IIRC). You can split the links up, carry them across and get the warp ball?
            I remember that bit, it's pretty nasty!

Mayhem:

I remember that bit being fairly straight forward. Have you opened the warp yet? You get the bracelet early on (IIRC), so can get across the poison pond bit and light all the torches, making the ghosts dissappear. Then you'll need to go into the larger underground bit to get some other stuff and eventually get the more powerful bracelet to lift the tree and continue on into the stage.
            My memory is well feckin' hazy at the minute; sorry I can't be more specific. I really need to sit down and see the damn thing running to prompt me into a more specific solution... pressures of work, honest >_<

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
              Thanks Mart

I figured that out but can't mange to
              throw the boomerang diagonally. Do I have to stand right onthe endge of the platform that is jutting out ?
              Pretty much - you need to get as close to the edge as possible and then press the analogue stick in the right direction just as you throw it, so you don't fall off the ledge. It's certainly a bit tricky...
              And Commander - thanks for the advice, but I think you're thinking of the room BEFORE the one where I'm stuck. As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no way to get across the divide in the real world and there isn't a room to the south... it's really tricky and I just can't do it.

Comment

So you're having trouble getting back to the main room? Me and the missus just walked back across, in shadow world 'cos the warp exit is at the entrance to that room with the status surrounding the switch... is that about right?

IIRC, you should have a key to take back to the main room and continue on...

*ding*

Oh wait, maybe you're missing the L2 boots? I think there is an order in which you do the rooms.

Comment

Indeed, I am - I've done the hammer room and the bow room, but the top right corner is locked... ah, heck. It's nearly lunchtime, so I'll have another go then.

Comment

Mayhem, this stumped me for a while too.

You need to go down the grave with the bow and arrow, and walk next to the block infront of the pot. Do a jump attack and the pot will break, revealing a switch. Jump across to the switch and the rest will be straight forward. I thought this was a weak puzzle to be honest, as it requiries you to pull off a move that you have no reason to try.
                    The rest of the level is quite easy, though this bit may get you stuck:
                    After you reach the house with the ghosts surrounding it, you will eventually pick up a Red bracelet. To proceed you just need to pick up the tree next to the ghost-girl with 2+ links.
                    World 4 was quite good I thought, probably the best after the first. I'm on 5.1 at the moment and got stuck almost instantly, though I didn't spend a lot of time exploring before switching it off.

Comment

Cheers for that Pete, I know the second bracelet enables super strength (is that the yellow one?) I assume because the only one I've seen so far is the blue one (half damage?).

Yeah completely forgot to try the leap attack... I've used it a few times in battle so far, slipped my mind your sword can go "through" blocks
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Right, I give up - where the hell are the Lv2 boots on 8-3? Don't tell me they're through the door to the north of the main room... 'cause it's shut and I can't open it.

I've only got 38 mins of lunchtime left to work it out before I won't get to try until this evening... ft:

Comment

I recall there being a crack in the wall, the upgrade fairy was in there...
                          If you're still stuck in a bit, I'll play through it later and check... I can't think about this stuff properly at work

Comment

I catch your drift...

There's a bomb flower growing in the main room that I did wonder about, so that must be for blowing open a wall that leads to something...
                            BUT...

I've checked every wall I can reach (all the walls in the side rooms I can get to in the top left, bottom left and bottom right corners) AND all the walls in the main chamber, but if there's a crack to be destroyed then I can't find it. I'm probably missing something totally obvious, but this is just making me mad now.

Comment

See, this is why I need to play it and see:

I remember the fairy being just inside the room on the right (from the central room), thru the top-right door. Except I think this door is locked at the minute!

Have you been down (from the room on the right), around those blocks? I assume you've matched the pattern of bottles in the hammer thing (you know, those things you whack down) and followed the path around?

Comment

Mart.

Let me get this right, you've done the top left and the bottom right room. You're stuck on the bottom left room that invloves the boomerang. You got past the first room by shooting through the walls but have come unstuck on the part with the portals.

You need to enter the shadow world with one link, then pick up any link in the main world and wlak him to the switch. Drop him there and head to any portal. Now simply select the guy on the switch and it's a simple shot straight accross from you. If I remember right you'll get the guy in the next room. Marklar has alrady told you where the fairy is so you should have no problems for here. Hope that's what you were looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X