No announcement yet.

The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoying this, I've just completed level 3-2 and some of the puzzles have been pretty tricky, I can only imagine how tough the later levels are.

Graphically the game is rather peculiar, while some of the effects are fantastic others are truly awful. The animation of the owl in particular is shockingly poor, and wouldn't be out of place in a NES game. Odd.

Comment

Completed this yesterday.

The game is extremely short and far too easy. The end of level bosses in particular were very dissapointing and not a patch on those seen in Zelda: LTTP.

A game to buy, play, enjoy, then quickly sell.

Comment

US version Pikman?

It aint easy when it's in JPN, my christ some of them, hungh.

Comment

Yeah - I was playing the US version. I can see the JPN version being much more difficult what with so many of the puzzles being text based.

I kinda wish I'd got the JPN version as it really only takes 10 - 15 hours to complete in English.

Comment

Some of them made me completely 'parrot'

Comment

Originally posted by Pikman
              I kinda wish I'd got the JPN version as it really only takes 10 - 15 hours to complete in English.
              Did you play through it 1 player?

I have been playing through 4 player, and we have played it for more than 10 hours and we are only now starting world 3...

We must have got stuck in nearly ever level in world 2.

Comment

Yes - I played it in one player. I'd say each stage takes around 30-45 minutes to complete and there are 24 stages so that's around 12-18 hours of gameplay.

I honestly found it extremely easy because it was so similar to LTTP, where as Wind Waker had me running round in circles for ages.
                Last edited by Pikman; 16-07-2004, 12:24.

Comment

It was many of the "talking" based puzzles we got stuck on.

Because 4 of us were frantically running around trying to steal treasure from each other we werent too interested in talking to people, and when puzzles were based around this very concept we got stuck.

I havent found it that similar to LTTP at all to be honest, with loads of different and new puzzles - mostly orientated around doing things together.

Comment

1 player = good. Multiplayer = even better. It's really a multiplayer title... just that by giving a 1 player mode makes it great for not excluding people...
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Yeah, I see it being a better multiplayer game. I can also see it taking much longer to complete in multiplayer because, as you say, players are more interested in stealing treasure from eachother and playing around.

I'm glad I bought the game as I did enjoy it while it lasted. It also motivated me to finally buy an import mini snes with Zelda: LTTP - a system I've not played in 9 years when I rather foolishly part-exchanged it and 25 classic Super Famicom games for an import Sega Saturn and Virtua Fighter. A foolish move I still regret to this day.
                      Last edited by Pikman; 16-07-2004, 17:16.

Comment

I can't see a PAL release topic for this anywhere so...

Got this today from Gamestation after trading in some very old games. Come in a nice green coloured box that reminded me of the Majora's Mask box with a GBA-GC link cable and the game in the standard DVD sized case. I found the intro a bit long winded and to be honest the story is pretty rubbish to start off with even for a Zelda game but the rain was a nice throwback to LttP. So far I have only completed the first level in single player and it has been good fun with some nice puzzles and the flame rod is very impressive, especially when I set all of the grass on one screen alight. That was a bit of a shock I can tell you. It has some wonderful effects with the waterwall, rain and flames as I've stated before but the character models like Zelda and the Owl arent up to much. The little beep when you leave the GBA and go back to the televison is very annoying though and I have already looked to see if I can disable it.

Although this is primarily designed as a multiplayer game I will be playing it single player only for now and from the first level it looks like a fun game in short bursts for each level. I see some people complain that it is too easy but as I am generally rubbish at Zelda puzzles as a rule this will do me fine. Anyone else pick up the PAL release?

Comment

I know in multiplayer you have to use the gba screen when you go in buildings, but if you play it single player with no gba, does a little gba screen come up on the tv , or will it just be a normal big acreen view? if you understand me?

Comment

little gba screen pops up

Comment

Sorry this is off topic but does the GBA - GC link cable work with the DS?

Minish Cap is making me want Four Swords like crazy!

Comment

It doesn't, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X