No announcement yet.

The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay - my copy arrived this morning, can't wait to get stuck in tonight!

so is it worth using the GBA for single player?

Comment

It depends where you sit when you play games. For me i sit to far away from the Cube to properly use the GBA.

The GBA controll is good though, with the action transfering to the GBA screen when ever you enter a house or cave etc

If using a standard controller then a window appears on the main screen

Comment

A couple of questions before my copy arrives:

1) Once you've completed a level, can you go back and replay it, or do you have to start from the beginning again?

2) Is progression solely based upon beating a level, or does the number of human player matter? In other words, if I play to level 3 by myself, will I then be able to continue from there if say my brother wants to join in?
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

1) Yep, levels can be replayed.

2) Yep, that works too -- player selection is made once you load a save game in.

Comment

Now I am stuck

I am on Level 2-1

Originally posted by spoiler

I have gotten to the part where you stand on the sqaure to make the octo things appear. What next, do i have to kill them all. If so with what and how

Comment

Go down the whilrpool, there is a special thingy down there -- take a catapult with ya!

Comment

There is one already down there to be got isn't there

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
                  It depends where you sit when you play games. For me i sit to far away from the Cube to properly use the GBA.

The GBA controll is good though, with the action transfering to the GBA screen when ever you enter a house or cave etc

If using a standard controller then a window appears on the main screen
                  So if you don't own a GBA then you don't lose out?

I like the sound of the window opening up on the screen. IMO it would be easyer and better to use the GC pad instead of the GBA.

Does the little window that opens up display exactly the same action as the GBA's screen or do you miss out on something?

Comment

It displays everything that the GBA displays from what I have seen. Obviouisley the graphics aren't as crisp as they are on the GBA.

I don't think you miss out at all using the normal pad (other than the multiplayer modes of course)

As far as i can tell the game plays the same no matter which method of control you use

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
                      It displays everything that the GBA displays from what I have seen. Obviouisley the graphics aren't as crisp as they are on the GBA.

I don't think you miss out at all using the normal pad (other than the multiplayer modes of course)

As far as i can tell the game plays the same no matter which method of control you use
                      Thank god for that.

Did'nt fancy forking out for a GBA just to get the best out of this game. It's good that Nintendo gave non GBA owners the same features without the use of the GBA.

Comment

Er... but you will, won't you? No GBA means no multiplayer of any kind (only the single player main adventure allows for controller use, with multiplayer, Shadow Battle and Tetra's Trackers being GBA link-up only) which means you'll miss out on the whole point of Four Swords Plus. Admittedly, if you're planning on getting the US version then the loss of Tetra's Trackers will mean you're not missing that, but still... it's intended as a multiplayer game and without a GBA, you won't get to experience a moment of it.

Comment

Mart, why don't you tell everyone how you cheat and grab all the loot before the rest of us

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                            The other thing is the interaction between GBA and the TV. Sometimes, you need to thing about the larger impact of the environment, which is great. Example -- the missus and I were inside the castle, both playing on the GBA and she shot an arrow thru the door to the outside. The arrow goes off her screen (GBA), appears on the TV and hits the switch, opening the way on the GBA. Cool or what?!
                            You sir, have just made my mind up. Well you and Play Asia's cheap ass price. I shall be ordering mine now. It sounds so cool.
                            This thread has changed my initial view that Four Swords was a bit of a gimmick to being something quite special.
                            Cheers you guy's

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
                              Er... but you will, won't you? No GBA means no multiplayer of any kind (only the single player main adventure allows for controller use, with multiplayer, Shadow Battle and Tetra's Trackers being GBA link-up only) which means you'll miss out on the whole point of Four Swords Plus. Admittedly, if you're planning on getting the US version then the loss of Tetra's Trackers will mean you're not missing that, but still... it's intended as a multiplayer game and without a GBA, you won't get to experience a moment of it.
                              No multiplayer for me i'm afraid.

Unless you want to come round to my pad and take me on?

Comment

No multiplayer for me either until i get a second GBA

just finished the first level - absolutely stunning!

Comment

Working...
                                X