No announcement yet.

TOCA Race Driver 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read in an Australian magazine they are looking to implement black flags for anyone who cuts chicanes or corners entirely... not sure if this will be the way they do it but it sounds interesting enough.

Loving this game more now. Im about 72% through career doing a second portion of the V8s and still cruising through in terms of difficulty but I decided to head to the simulation modes and check out some of the classes I havent used yet.

I have fallen in love with the Rallycross Landrovers! Man how much fun are these things? After doing the simulation free ride in both normal and hard difficulty I went online and played against a few guys (about 6) in these things and it was mental. Having been concentrating on mainly track racers up until now this was the polar opposite and yet still very competitive.

I actually managed to get some serious air in these on one of the tracks as well, rolled my car a good 2-3 times before retiring from the race because I damaged out, excellent!!!

Comment

You can roll cars??????

COOL!!!!

Comment

Yes you can but it takes talent and skill....

Comment

Originally posted by nonny
          Yes you can but it takes talent and skill....

Looks like ill be cool with that still no stock at play.com i usually havemy pre orders on the weds

Comment

Anyone know if this is one of the rare few games that are region free? I would be tempted by the budget US release.

Comment

started to play this this morning, my first thought was it's bloody hard as the first thing i do is get my car smashed up on the fist corner and have to retire.
              but after 30mins or so this is a great game, quite hard with breaking and cornering ect. also getting a good start takes a few races to get right.

overall this is very fun, i can't wait to go on live for a few races

Comment

Originally posted by mt50
                started to play this this morning, my first thought was it's bloody hard as the first thing i do is get my car smashed up on the fist corner and have to retire.
                Me too. I hadn't quite realised I was in control. Smash. Retire. I turned it off in disgust. Then 5 seconds later picked up a pad and turned it back on!

Comment

Is the handling the same as in 'Pro Racer Driver / Toca Race Driver / DTM Race Driver / V8 Supercars Australia', without the "realism" cheat on?

And is there still an incar view included? If yes, how is it? (haven?t seen any screenshots of incar views so far)

Comment

Originally posted by Balou
                    And is there still an incar view included? If yes, how is it? (haven?t seen any screenshots of incar views so far)
                    yes there is an in car view, you see the bonnet and the and the top of the window screen, if you smash the window screen the view goes a little bit brighter which is nice

not sure about your other question though

Comment

Originally posted by Balou
                      Is the handling the same as in 'Pro Racer Driver / Toca Race Driver / DTM Race Driver / V8 Supercars Australia', without the "realism" cheat on?

Aye, it is still well floaty although not as bad as PRD. It's like the CMR3->4.

Mine will be here tomorrow as GAME are sending them out already.

Comment

Same here, gameplay shipped them today

Comment

The physics/handling are still a little floaty but its a marked improvement over the original Race Driver and it depends on what class of car you are using, some are spot on in terms of handling.

As for camera views, there are four :

3rd person - Nuff said.

Dashboard Cam, can see windscreen and dash (wipers work in the wet!). The side depends on what car and country you are racing on. Single seaters are of course centred.

Bonnet Cam. Already mentioned, slightly lower height than dashboard and fast as hell.

Bumper Cam. Loses the bonnet visible from view, its very low and its so fast in some cars your eyes will bleed.

Comment

Will pick this up tomorrow monrning (as with most other people I guess) sounds great, scan't wait, I see some cheat tops the overall leaderboard (or did) hope Codies sort that out and also heard a rumour that this game won't be able to have Downloadable content which is strange (the same mentioned box on the back of the DVD case is not ticked also)

Comment

Yeh no download content but then the game has 50 tracks, 15 classes and a heap of cars so its not really a huge issue.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny
                                I have fallen in love with the Rallycross Landrovers! Man how much fun are these things?
                                You are not wrong! Great fun, really slidy although it seems you can always get round the course. The track at the loch with the long straight through the muddy fields is great stuff. It reminds me of the Austrlaia track in CMR4 with all the jumps. You can ram the other cars into the little walls to really cock up their race (Mwuhahaha).

I love the feeling of anticipation you get with this game as the next different type of vehicle comes up. I also like the fact that you get a choice with some races. I didn't like the big cabs, so I raced the pick up trucks instead.

The lack of a rear view mirror is a slight shame and it would be useful if you could look to the sides ala PGR2.

AND I've finally got my other Live headset back (after I sat on my other one and squished it ) so snyone up for some online games tomorrow night?

Comment

Working...
                                X