No announcement yet.

Transformers (not the latest one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It definately does fall away after an impressive first level. The second level is utterly abysmal and an excercise in boredom. Levels do pick up slightly after that but never really get as good as the first. Shame really as it starts off so well.

Comment

Just got the demo disc though the post. You play as Red Alert, on the Amazon level. I have to agree with Cacophanus, it nearly made me feel sick with the dodgy frame rate. I love Transformers, but I never got motion sick before this game. Shame really, as it looks great, and seems to have a lot going for it with all those mini-cons.

Comment

Been playing the demo today too. The controls in vehicle mode are terrible - swinging around 180 degrees every time I try to make a tiny adjustment left or right. Otherwise it's fun, but pretty shallow. I can't see myself buying it.

Comment

Hmm.. the demo is pretty uninspiring. Despite owning a few of the toys and comics back when I was a kid, I'm not nostalgic about Transformers at all. So I'll give it a miss.

Comment

Luckily i dont suffer from motion sickness in games but i could tell pretty early on that the motion blur used in Transformers would have some people reeling. Reminds me of the effect used in Ts2 only magnified by a fair bit. The amazon levels are probably the games best so if you dont like them i wouldnt recommend buying the game.
            Good sense of height in some levels though, which im always keen on.

Comment

On the strength of the demo that tumbled through my letterbox yesterday, I'd say it seems like a fairly decent game.

However, I'm with the poor-framerate camp. It really is horrible. I can only assume the motion blur effect was used to paper over that particular crack, but it just makes it worse. It's the first time a game has ever made me feel anything approaching nausea.

Not one to stick on after the pub, then.

I'll pick it up when there's a gap in my gaming schedule, though.

Comment

I bought the game yesterday because it seemed ok at E3, but I found out my PS2 no longer works.

Yay technology.

Comment

I finished this game the other day and I have to say I was quite impressed. The enviroments are some of the best I have seen on the PS2, it is IMO technically outstanding (the fight with Tidel Wave is friggin awesome!!!) Also the glider is a super neat feature as it allows you to go to a highest point then glide around the entire enviroment, stunning! Very pilotwings esque

I little on the short side but I only played it on the easiest difficulty (there are default of 3 difficulties Recruit, Veteren, Commander)...Plenty of unlockables including the hilarious TV spots from the 80s, music, artwork and comic strips.

I enjoyable romp...And its Transformers!

Comment

can't be as bad as the commodore 64 version...

Comment

Can't believe this hasn't been resurrected, stuff you're new transformers game, play this! I dug this out the other day, it is fantastic, and well worth a play. To the Relay Appreciate forums....

Comment

Is this the Transformers Armada game where you get to go Prime and a few other variant Autobots?? And you get minicons to upgrade yourself?

I played this through a couple years ago on the PS2 and loved it... especially the Starscream boss fight, that was class!! Didnt finish it but it has some great set piece battles.

Am surprised there aint been a thread for the movie game, but I will start it in a couple days when I get it if it aint appeared

Comment

Did this come out on the xbox?

I am sure it was ps2 only but I haven't got one and wouldn't mind a go of this.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            Did this come out on the xbox?

I am sure it was ps2 only but I haven't got one and wouldn't mind a go of this.
                            PS2 only unfortunately, great little game.

Comment

What the hell was with the frame rate issues? i played through the game recently and have'nt noticed any frame rate issues...

Otherwise awesome game i love it! I just bought it on US so i can play it on my PS3.

Comment

I am getting the movie game today so will post some comparions later. The movie game has a lot to live up to with the boss fights, they really were great in Armada.

Comment

Working...
                                X