Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games you started again..immediately

Kind of a sister thread to this one.

Are there any games you loved so much on completion that you immediately started again and played through a second time, right to completion? I did this with ICO. I was so entranced by the game that after finishing it at around 11pm one night (after about 7 hour's play, spread over a few days), I rebooted it and played right through immediately in about 3 hours.

Partly to see the Yorda/Queen cutscenes in English, but mainly because I didn't want it to end. I wanted to see the castle walls again after you reposition the mirrors. I wanted to fight the Queen again. I wanted to be washed up on the shore at the end. I just didn't want to leave that world.

Red Dead Revolver. Having played through the standard difficulty I went straight into Hard mode and finished that. Now I just have Bounty Hunter mode to finish which I guess'll count as a third completion (certainly the most difficult one - some of the objectives are insane!).

I'll leave the reasons why I'm enjoying it so much for the review.

Comment

Super Mario World

Comment

Street Fighter 2 Turbo, with most games you miss so so much first time through, I've also completed GT3 from scratch 3 times,

Comment

Hmm, I don't do this much, I tend to leave games a while after completing them before I do it again. The only games I played through straight away are fairly short games like viewtiful Joe or Resident evil.

Having said that, I played SF2 turbo through about 100 times one after another until I'd seen everyones ending...it took me about 6 months though (stupid dhalsim gets most of the blame for this )

Comment

I have so many outstanding games to finish that when I complete one I move on to the next. The closest I have come to doing it was on Wind Waker coz I enjoyed it so much and I wanted the full gallery.

Comment

I played through Devil May Cry through twice in the same day after getting it.

And Ico I played through it again after, then again the week after

Comment

The last game I went straight back through after completion was, Astro Boy: Tetsuwam Atom on the SP I think.

Good game, if a little easy.

Comment

SM64. The first time I played it I could only get 119 stars... no idea why. So I started again and got the full 120. Ive 120 on this game about 3 times now.

Comment

KOTOR to try the other side of the force.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy
                      I played through Devil May Cry through twice in the same day after getting it.

And Ico I played through it again after, then again the week after
                      Aye, same here.

I tend to immediately re-start any game with a "next fear" mode (as it was called in Silent Hill), whereby you start again but with extra bits and bobs unlocked by completing it first time round.

To be able to continue DMC with the abilities gained from first play was a great idea, I only wish Ninja Gaiden had done the same thing. Hey ho.

I played Rez over and over again in one sitting as well, but that's mega-short anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                        Partly to see the Yorda/Queen cutscenes in English, but mainly because I didn't want it to end. I wanted to see the castle walls again after you reposition the mirrors. I wanted to fight the Queen again. I wanted to be washed up on the shore at the end. I just didn't want to leave that world.
                        A little OT from the thread but I whacked Ico straight back on - not to replay it, but just to get to the first save point so I could listen to that enchanting music again.

Beautiful.

Ninja Gaiden I started again almost instantly. I'm now playing it through for the third time, can't get enough of chopping people up :\

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBrother
                          KOTOR to try the other side of the force.
                          Bingo! It speaks volumes for the game that I spent 45 hours playing it through and then started it again instantly and spent another 50 hours playing through the dark side. I know many people who did this. Not many RPGs can hold your interest that much.

I'll be playing it again soon with the Yavin missions .

Comment

I replayed Ico against straight off the bat.

I also did the same with Gregory Horror Show. You can breeze through that once you know where everything is.

Comment

Kotor seems a popular choice here at work since there are so many different combinations worth playing.

Personally, once I finished PN03 on normal, I played it through on hard straight away and completed it in a few hours. An absolute joy of a game.

Comment

Working...
                              X