Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodish BBC games article, subsequently spoiled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodish BBC games article, subsequently spoiled.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

It was going fairly well until:

"The DS may have a lot of potential, but something like the upcoming GBA SP smacks of a company staring wistfully into the past. I cannot be the only one who finds that a bit depressing. "

What?

then:

"It sounds intriguing, but games like this need to get beyond the gimmick factor.

Sony's EyeToy has proved it is possible. So fingers crossed that Nintendo finds the balance between familiarity and freshness. "

Kee-rist.

Lets all E-mail the BBC and get him sacked.

Comment

I've yet to see a BBC gaming article that is anything more than risible.

Comment

The gloryfied press releases are entertaining, but when they try to editorialise I alway imagine my mother writing it...

Comment

BBC gaming articles are wank at best.

Comment

You trying to say my mother can't write gaming articles?! HUH!

Comment

Momma Jibber should stick to her secret recipes.

Comment

I actually laughed when i read that, it just goes to show theres a long way to go untill Computer games coverages get accepted into mainstream, although the E3 gurdian cover was ok at best.

Comment

The Guardian Guide's game reviews are blatently the best...except their Final Fight review, in which they complained you could be hit from off-screen or some such bate BS... (just cos they couldn't hack it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway
                    Lets all E-mail the BBC and get him sacked.
                    I second that

That article was easily the funniest thing I've read all day

Comment

Looks like they've removed the bit about the SP

Comment

It's changed to "The DS may have a lot of potential, but some of Nintendo's plans smack of a company staring wistfully into the past. I cannot be the only one who finds that a bit depressing"
                        What plans are those then?

Comment

And this: "But if it is to survive in the fight against Microsoft and Sony, it needs to look more specifically beyond its established fan base." is next to a picture of a PSP with GT4 playing on it....

Comment

It's just grand how everyone now pretends to be experts on two handhelds that haven't even been officially released yet.

That article was basically IGN-style drivel with a BBC face.

Comment

Sony's EyeToy has proved it is possible. So fingers crossed that Nintendo finds the balance between familiarity and freshness. "
                              That has to be the most out of place generic comment ever

Comment

Working...
                              X