Suggest original ideas for the PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggest original ideas for the PSP

Since the DS is getting a mauling for being something different, be it good or bad thats for another thread....I was wondering what you folk might think would be good for the PSP except for the same old same old....What on the PSP inspires you, other than its an electrical device...anything?

makes me wonder how many people are going to get mugged if seen in public with a DS or PSP, sad state of affairs but true I fear. But a scaled down version of GT4 gets me excited.

Comment

It'll make an excellent if expensive paperweight to hold down the money you would otherwise spend on games. ;p

Comment

Tbh if Psp or DS had video out that would be bloody great. Imagine just taking your psp to your mates house just to play some pro evo 3 or Virtua Fighter instead of lugging some console with you.

There is certain games where you would like to play on a hand held device. I think the PSP is more for casual who like a quick blast on the train. DS maybe more for the hardcore who will spend 5-10 hours playing on a small screen.

Comment

My vote goes for a large fold out magnifying glass thing that sort of sticks on to the front of the PSP. They could release them in yellow or some other cool colours. It should stand off from the screen about 6 inches and magnify the onscreen action to give that true cinematic feel.

My other idea is for these sort of grip things which stick onto the side of the PSP and make it really comfy in the hand. They should be designed by a marketing guy with no apreciation of aesthetics or ergonomics.

I think Sony have already stolen my idea for an expansion battery pack...

Comment

But a scaled down version of GT4 gets me excited.
            That Shame the screen ghosts a tiny bit and is a tad dark.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
              makes me wonder how many people are going to get mugged if seen in public with a DS or PSP, sad state of affairs but true I fear. But a scaled down version of GT4 gets me excited.

I hear that, especially when its first out. You cant exactly hide it either.

Is this thread in competition with the ds touch screen thread

Original ideas for the PSP hhmmm, Im a bit stuck. I dont think the magnifying glass idea is a good idea. I remember having it for the gameboy and it made a nightmare to handle. The psp is big enough without it.

Im gonna try and think of something now, this is bugging me now.

Comment

PSP does have video out, doesn't it? It was on the specs during the show.

Comment

here are some specs that are floating about......

Originally posted by Sony
                  SP Product Specifications

Product Name: PlayStation?Portable (PSP)
                  Color: Black
                  Dimensions: Approx. 170 mm (L) x 74 mm (W) x 23 mm (D)
                  Weight: Approx. 260 g (including battery)
                  CPU: PSP CPU
                  (System clock frequency 1~333MHz)
                  Main Memory: 32MB
                  Embedded DRAM: 4MB
                  Display: 4.3 inch, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD
                  480 x 272 pixel (16.77 million colors)
                  Max. 200 cd/m2 (with brightness control)
                  Speakers: Built-in stereo speakers
                  Main Input/Output: IEEE 802.11b (Wi-Fi)
                  USB 2.0 (Target)
                  Memory StickTM PRO Duo
                  IrDA
                  IR Remote (SIRCS)
                  Disc Drive: UMD Drive (Playback only)
                  Profile: PSP Game
                  UMD Audio
                  UMD Video
                  Main Connectors: DC IN 5V
                  Terminals for charging built-in battery
                  Headphone/Microphone/Control connector
                  Keys/Switches: Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
                  Analog pad
                  Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
                  Left, Right keys
                  START, SELECT, HOME
                  POWER On/Hold/Off switch
                  Brightness control, Sound Mode, Volume +/-
                  Wireless LAN On/Off switch
                  UMD Eject
                  Power: Built-in lithium-ion battery, AC adaptor
                  Access Control: Region Code, Parental Control

Accessories: Stand
                  Headphone with remote commander
                  Headphone with remote commander and microphone
                  External battery pack
                  Case
                  Strap
                  E3 Prototype Exhibition: USB Camera for PSP
                  USB GPS for PSP
                  USB Keyboard for PSP

UMDTM Specifications

Dimensions: Approx. 65 mm (W) x 64 mm (D) x 4.2 mm (H)
                  Weight: Approx. 10g
                  Disc Diameter: 60 mm
                  Maximum Capacity: 1.8GB (Single-sided, dual layer)
                  Laser wavelength: 660nm (Red laser)
                  Encryption: AES 128bit
                  Profile: PSP Game (full function)
                  UMD Audio (codec ATRAC3plusTM, PCM, (MPEG4 AVC))
                  UMD Video (codec MPEG4 AVC, ATRAC3plusTM,
                  Caption PNG)

Comment

I've got to be honest. I've been wracking my brain, and I really can't think of anything innovative. I think that the main reason for this, is becuase the console doesn't really try to innovate itself. It's just more of the same. One screen, face and shoulder buttons and faster specs.

I dunno, it seems like the PSP would be good at offering more of the same, but more 'advanced' than the GBA SP. But, no doubt, people who are paid to think about this kind of thing all day will come up with some really interesting ideas

Comment

Ooh, actually, I just had a glance at those specs and I saw that you can get a camera for it. How about a game where you are a film director. You film the world around you and based on the action on screen and the amount of colour, or whatever, it would award you points or awards or something.

Maybe with GPS you could play Xtreme hide and seek with other players... especially with the camera... or TreasureHuntingDigital!

Comment

how about a button that when pressed , causes the PSP's UMD laser to gradually degenerate until it is totally useless.

I dub it,the power button.

not very original I know, sony took that one for the Ps2.

How about contacts that electrocute you so profusely that they induse vomiting therefore actually reproducing the effect of playing any EA game on a full sized screen?

the Sims : TRIPLE DELUXE whats all that about?!

Comment

Originally posted by jide
                          Tbh if Psp or DS had video out that would be bloody great. Imagine just taking your psp to your mates house just to play some pro evo 3 or Virtua Fighter instead of lugging some console with you.

There is certain games where you would like to play on a hand held device. I think the PSP is more for casual who like a quick blast on the train. DS maybe more for the hardcore who will spend 5-10 hours playing on a small screen.
                          That's the 'best' use of casual and hardcore seen around these parts for ages...........

Comment

Working...
                          X