X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Che Musashi
    All I really wanted was Wind Waker.
    Agreed.

Like everyone else I've got a shedload of games I rarely play, but I haven't been able to stop playing Wind Waker. It's completely rejuvinated my love of games!

I've got a games evening tonight as well - lots of Monkey Ball and WE6:FE!

Comment

It's nice seeing all my faults in other people! I too love the feeling of something new, a bargain, and having a huge shelf of stuff. I also have more time to read about new releases than to actually play them, so I'm highly susceptible to hype.

I just topped off my 30-disc XBOX shelf with two cheapies last night, even though most of them have barely been started. The PS2 and Cube collections are a bit more sensible, possibly because I have to buy memory cards for savegames on those machines.

I am letting my print magazine subscriptions lapse. I want to make a concerted effort to finish what I have. My huge PSX, N64 and Dreamcast collections rarely get touched, but I won't get rid of them -- it would be like putting up a kid for adoption. I've have managed to prune my Colecovision, Intellivision, Atari Jaguar, and Sega Saturn from the horde, and don't particularly miss them, so I guess there's hope for the other systems. I love the fact that the 64 is the last cartridge system though; and the Dreamcast has all those great Japanese, homebrew, and warez games; and the PSX games all work on the PS2. Nope, looks like I'm keeping them, at least until they're perfectly emulated on another platform (like the Coleco and INTV).

I think this will be the last generation in which I get all the major machines -- it's just too much to absorb, and there's so much repetition between the big 3. Then again, it's so cheap to get another little game machine, relative to computer parts ....

There. I've done it. I've rationalized my collection. It's cheaper than automobile modifications. That feels good.

Comment

Working...
      X