Excite Bike 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excite Bike 64

What a great game this is, i haven't played it for ages so i jumped on it in a Jim Rivers style this morning. Graphically it is still impressive and the handling is soooo right but the biggest draw for me is the fun factor...

You know, I bought a sealed copy of this in GAME about two years ago as they were finally clearing their N64 stock.

Only ever played once.

Perhaps some of you can persuade me as to some of its virtues and why a revisit may be in order...

Comment

Great bike physics, consistent and tough AI, its a real challenge. The bike handling is accesible but contains hidden depth. Numerous tracks, all extremely well designed, plenty to unlock. However 'acidforblood' makes the best point; its fun.

....its all good baby

Comment

I bought a sealed PAL copy of this from TOYSRUS about a month ago for ?4.99. They were also doing Pokemon Snap at the same price. Don't know if they still have any. I just stuck it on ebay, happy to have the US version.

It's actually a lovely game. Really good physics and crazy fun jumps especially when you can pull the boost off. If I remember rightly it took a ridiculous 18 months to get a PAL release.

Comment

i have the NES original... i waited and waited and waited for this game. i gave up.

then they released it and i never had ?45 to spend on it

Comment

If I remember rightly it took a ridiculous 18 months to get a PAL release.
            It took 6 months to get a PAL Australian release and then a baffling 12 months to be released in Europe after that. Christ know what they were doing at Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
              If I remember rightly it took a ridiculous 18 months to get a PAL release.
              It took 6 months to get a PAL Australian release and then a baffling 12 months to be released in Europe after that. Christ know what they were doing at Nintendo.
              too busy playing it?

Comment

Anyone got a USA copy for sale/trade?

Comment

Imagine a semi-serious Motocross game, placed in the most outlandish environments imaginable (ignore the indoor circuits, they aren't a patch on the outdoor). Chuck in a good tutorial, and great learning curve and huge jumps. All for ?5 at Game. Sold!

Comment

Partially why I picked up the copy Marcus had going... nice stuff
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                    X