Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet Set Radio: It sucks, official.

There you go, I said it.

I have to agree, it was amazing in it's day, but for one reason only: it stood head and shoulders above the crowd. The Dreamcast showed us what Next Gen could do, and it did it with style.

But...the game played really, really badly. Tagging was a complete pain in the arse. The mechanics didn't allow for much freedom, running out of steam in a grind completely sucked, unlike the THPS games which gave you a system to be able to stop running out of steam.

Again, I suspect I'm alone

Bah, any game with a huge bloke, with a huge stereo doing grinds to Super Brother can't be that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Salter
      There you go, I said it.

I have to agree, it was amazing in it's day, but for one reason only: it stood head and shoulders above the crowd. The Dreamcast showed us what Next Gen could do, and it did it with style.

But...the game played really, really badly. Tagging was a complete pain in the arse. The mechanics didn't allow for much freedom, running out of steam in a grind completely sucked, unlike the THPS games which gave you a system to be able to stop running out of steam.

Again, I suspect I'm alone

Comment

Anyone care to explain why the ground attacks you after a few levels? I got De La JSR recently and gave up at that point

Comment

I don't mean to troll, as I've given my reasons why. I just think that it's one of them games that got overrated in the flurry of hype before it's release.

I still play the original THPS1 on my Dreamcast, but JSR just doesn't cut it these days

Comment

I won't even bother...........................

Comment

everyones entitled to their opinion, even if they're wrong.

infinate grinds are one of the greatest thing ever.

Comment

The game has to be admired for its excellent music at the very least.

Comment

running out of steam in a grind completely sucked, unlike the THPS games which gave you a system to be able to stop running out of steam.
                  Guess you never tried the jump-grind/ infinite grind technique?
                  Just grind on a rail, then time tapping the jump button so you keep on hopping between skills which will keep your momentum when grinding.

Comment

The initial theme of this thread is having the reverse effect of it's line of discussion.

I feel the need to play Jet Set Radio now. It's been a while and I think I need to remind myself how good it actually is. Certainly up there with the best on the DC.

It's whole vibe was (and still is) just sensational.

Comment

I agree.

Had this game since day one...I wanted to love it, it looks great but really is a dog's dinner of a game, can sometimes be reduced to an unplayable mess, i put it on every now and again hoping something will change...it doesn't.

It makes me sad, i keep it to watch the inro (and the fact i wouldnt get ?4 for it)

ALso for the record this isnt a troll post really....if he'd said jsr is **** and sega are losers would be

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Salter
                        Tagging was a complete pain in the arse.

I always thought the worse decision they made with JSRF was dropping the method of tagging from JSR. Half the fun of the first game was the race to find the right spot and tag it before the cops arrived. With JSRF, tagging was just a case of having the right number of cans, which was a bit ****e.

Or maybe its just me

Bloody casual gamers types mucking up my JSRF

Comment

I always found JSR to be fantastically overrated - a reasonable game for sure, but nothing particularly amazing in my book; it sits happily in my 'average' pile.

Comment

How dare you all diss my game!?!?!? I'm going to cwy!

Comment

JSR... anyone wanna sell me some merchandise/soundtracks/stuff???

Comment

Working...
                              X