Ivy's Super throws! HOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tokuda
    Another thing that is skank about her is that you can`t parry her long range attacks-
    Really? That's pretty lame. Can they be repeled with 6+G instead of parried?

I'm gonna have to look into thisthough. I thought the only unparriable attacks were the unblockables.

Comment

I've only started playing SC2 very recently due to the ps2 stick not working on the GC version through a converter box.

Its safe to say that I will NEVER pull off this move on the GC pad then

Comment

Originally posted by C'
        Originally posted by Tokuda
        Another thing that is skank about her is that you can`t parry her long range attacks-
        Really? That's pretty lame. Can they be repeled with 6+G instead of parried?

I'm gonna have to look into thisthough. I thought the only unparriable attacks were the unblockables.
        Well- with the demon Ivy player I played recently (who I hasten to add owned the whole arcade and quite possibly the 2nd best SC player I`ve ever seen or faced) I tried just about every approach in the few matches we had to take her out, including your above command and parries, but none seemed to connect from distance.

Comment

I'm not really au fait with Ivy's moves. Do you know the commands of any moves in particular that gave you hassle?

When I get home I want to go into training to see if they can technically be dealt with. Obvious a fight situation will be different but I'm interested to find out what can be done against them.

Comment

I still have nightmares about that guy, if its the same one.

It was like he was possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoseOfTheUnlight
              I've only started playing SC2 very recently due to the ps2 stick not working on the GC version through a converter box.

Not safe in the slightest :P I performed it on the GC pad (using the D-Pad) with no problems what so ever. A friend of mine did too. The Gamecube pad really isn't bad for SC2, well, i dont think it is anyhow

Regards
              Adam
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

OK got the hang of SS but I'm still trying to work it into my routine.

Now Criminal Symphony is another matter! I think I'm not doing the command quite right as I start off by "unfolding" or whatever ivy's sword and then do the command but I can't manage to pull it off. Could someone enlighten me to a translation of the japanese prior to the move?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                  Originally posted by ThoseOfTheUnlight

Not safe in the slightest :P I performed it on the GC pad (using the D-Pad) with no problems what so ever. A friend of mine did too. The Gamecube pad really isn't bad for SC2, well, i dont think it is anyhow

Regards
                  Adam
                  No really, it IS that bad.

Regards

Stiff

Comment

Originally posted by a_c_saunders
                    OK got the hang of SS but I'm still trying to work it into my routine.

Now Criminal Symphony is another matter! I think I'm not doing the command quite right as I start off by "unfolding" or whatever ivy's sword and then do the command but I can't manage to pull it off. Could someone enlighten me to a translation of the japanese prior to the move?
                    The stick motion is the same for CS as it is for SS. The difference is that for CS you have to be in whip stance to do the move, and you press A+K (instead of A+B for SS). There a a variety of ways to get into whip stance (which in the one where the sword is all limp by her side), the most obvious being B+K.

Comment

Does the move you do to get into whip stance have to be done within a certain amount of time before you do the rest of the commands or can you do it regardless of timing?

Cheers again for people helping me out

Comment

Originally posted by a_c_saunders
                        Does the move you do to get into whip stance have to be done within a certain amount of time before you do the rest of the commands or can you do it regardless of timing?

Cheers again for people helping me out
                        You can do the command at any time while in whip stance.

Comment

You can do the command at any time while in whip stance.
                          Yeah I just managed to do it after posting my original question! Still can't work it into combo's tho

Comment

Working...
                          X