Fifa 2003 on GameCube... worth ?15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifa 2003 on GameCube... worth ?15?

DVD Box Office is doing the US version of Fifa 2003 for ?15. Keeping in mind that I hate 'realistic' football games like Pro Evo, would it be a good buy? I'm not normally a fan of Fifa, but I've heard some people say this is the best version in years.

Hmm...

Go buy a CD instead.

Comment

Yes. Ignore the EA hating gaming snobs, this is a very well executed football game. The license helps and it has a good commentary track as well. The games are close but do suffer from very high scoring, even on the later levels (I recently got battered 7-3 by Lyon as Liverpool on World Class) and the defence has a very annoying habit of going missing but apart from that it has very few faults. Be aware that it requires 54 blocks or your memory card but for ?15 you can't complain.

Comment

Nope, it's plain rubbish. It aint worth 15p.
        Just because it's cheap doesn't make it a worthwhile purchase.
        Go for WE6 or Sega Soccer Slam if you want something arcadey and fun and will be playing with a few mates.

Comment

It is definately worth ?15. I enjoyed it for a while until I sold my PAL cube for a US one. It's fun, arcadey and is the best FIFA in years IMO. The game does kind of get ****ty after a while because as you get better at it you soon discover all the holes in the AI(especially while defending) and the game just descends into frustration every time you play.
          Worth a look for ?15 though.

Comment

well worth 15 quid

camps

Comment

Buy it! You can play with Hannover 96 and that's definately worth it.

Comment

Yeah, definately get it.

There are some people, some of whom are in this thread, who have this blind hatred for anything that EA Sports produce, despite the fact that they produce some solid, if comparatively limited, arcade-skewed titles.

FIFA for ?15 is a bargain.

Comment

Bargain

Comment

Blah to you all! Blah I say!
                    It is the best FIFA in years, I guess. It just seems like you'd be buying it for the sake of getting a bargain. It's just that there are much better games out there, like WE6, for example, that won't cost you too much more. I think.
                    Mind you, if you're into your footie games, it'd be worth it to have the variety, I guess. But then on the other hand, you'd probably have it already.

Comment

It's all well and good recommending Winning Eleven, but if you bothered to read Max's post he said he didn't like Pro Evo, so clearly recommending that would be a bit silly, no?

Besides, there's no reason why your collection shouldn't play host to a decent footy sim and a decent arcade footy game at the same time.

Comment

i have both winning eleven 6 fe and fifa 2003 - place in my library for both titles since both give me a different gaming 'fix'

camps

ps also got other footie games - there is more than only 2 out there peeps

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                          It's all well and good recommending Winning Eleven, but if you bothered to read Max's post he said he didn't like Pro Evo, so clearly recommending that would be a bit silly, no?
                          Erk. Yah. I got confused.
                          ISS3 might be more up your street then, or maybe TIF 2003?
                          **** it, down with EA! Down with globalisation! *ignores Nintendo, Sega, and everyone else*

Comment

Working...
                          X