No announcement yet.

Gamestm issue 20 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well most of the readers reviews I used to comment on have now been deleted so I can't show you

If you don't like the comments I make about certain things I don't like about your site (and believe me, they are very much in the minority) then don't read them. (see it works both ways).

Apologies Papercut, I was wrong to personally point you out and I won't do it again)

I always see the same thing though, it's ok for a professional mag to be pulled apart, but it's not ok to do the same to a website that's been put together in its spare time by a group of entusiastic and passionate gamers.

I don't want any hard feelings to come out of this (indeed, I was the bloke who told everyone on the mag how great this place is and that they should all sign up). I just get narked every now and then when we're constantly ripped apart (especially when stuff we print is actually ignored in favour of a dig).

Like I said before, apologies Papercut and let's hopefully all remain friends.

Comment

Nobody said anything about slagging websites and stuff though, you still dodged the stuff that's incorrect in the review

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
        Nobody said anything about slagging websites and stuff though, you still dodged the stuff that's incorrect in the review
        Shhhhhhhhh!!!

Comment

Sorry to press this but I cant see anywhere where someone from GamesTM has been critical of our site and we havent been able to take it, I mentioned what I did above as I wanted to know why you didnt address his points thats all. We have always encouraged (constructive) feedback whether good or bad, and at times we have been slated for various things we have done or said, rightly or wrongly.

Ive learnt the hard way myself that being overly defensive about it does noone any favours, we all have our own minds and can work out for ourselves whether or not to take on board criticism or disregard it but its always valueable nonetheless. Think, if noone ever commented about GamesTM then its likely that it would mean noone even cared. How often do you see other magazines getting mentions here, GTM and Edge even have their own dedicated threads!

Comment

Im not forcing you to comment on his points btw, thats entirely up to you guys, theres no unwritten law here that says every point raised on the board must be addressed

Comment

To be fair, I can remember when Strider made some valid comments about a review and most writers jumped on him. I can't remember the game and the thread has since been deleted now. Personally, I thought his points were very fair and said as much.

I thought Games TM's review of SC5p2 was fair enough, although I don't actually agree with it. I agree with Papercut that it's much better than all the parappa games, but I can appreciate why someone might prefer the Sony games.

Comment

I wasn't trying to pull anything apart. Obviously as I reviewed the game here, I know a lot about it. I assumed that was a given...

It wasn't that you disagreed with my review though. sc5p2 is a game I simply adore, and it is a shame it wasn't covered properly.

It would be interesting to read a different point of view, but I don't think any criticisms of the game were properly explored in gamesTM... and there are some valid criticisms, I'm sure

Comment

The main one I remember was getting kicked to poo about my comments on donkey Kong country for the GBA, indeed, within hours the whole feedback section was taken down for a while. I used to continually make comments about how the feedback column was used for nothing more than slapping each other on the back and this comments were (eventually) listened to.

As I sad Marcus, it is only very occasionally

Oh and cheers for the support Brats, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                    I wasn't trying to pull anything apart. Obviously as I reviewed the game here, I know a lot about it. I assumed that was a given...

It wasn't that you disagreed with my review though. sc5p2 is a game I simply adore, and it is a shame it wasn't covered properly.

It would be interesting to read a different point of view, but I don't think any criticisms of the game were properly explored in gamesTM... and there are some valid criticisms, I'm sure
                    I'm sure there are mate (not least because it's on the PS2 )

Comment

That was probably a long time ago, we had issues with the feedback forum as we went about it the wrong way. Thats been long since changed though, weve grown up a lot since then and Id be surprised if you had of found this to of happened recently.

Comment

yeah, it's around 7 or 8 months back and things are a lot better. Still, I need to quickly pull something out of my arse to defend myself with and that was the first thing I thought of

Still to prove that there are no hard feelings, I'm gonna start a thread about a topic Marcus loves.

Comment

Yea, I remember that... mainly 'cos I agreed with Strider 'cos he pointed out how reviewers were commenting on other NTSC-uk'ers reviews.

Anyhoo, nice mag. content this time apart from the crazy retroness I mentioned. Drop the crap guy from Japan though, I usually just skip it now. The shape's stuff is great though.

Comment

Space Channel 5:2 - 7 ?!?
                            Initial D - some piss poor score I can't remember !?

You lot are the anti-Sega!

I'm cancelling my sub and buying a more level headed publication like Edge instead

Comment

Don't do that, we gave Panzer Dragoon Orta a nine, surely that redeems us

Comment

There was a time a while back our staff posted in every Feedback thread. It was massively backslapping as Strider did correctly point out, however we only did it to try and provoke further feedback from members. This was about 18 months ago as far as I remember.

We used to be very proud of our website and get offended whenever someone said something bad about it. But, to be honest, none of us care anymore so you can slag us off all you want.

I joke! Please don't

Comment

Working...
                                X