Monkey ball question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monkey ball question

i recently completed master extra super monkey ball 2. i never played the first game, is it worth buying?

Most definitely.
    Monkeyballing in it's most purest form.

Ei-ei-puh!

Comment

Wow! the fact that you got through the random level design of MB2 means that you will absolutely LOVE MB, it truely is the purest Monkey Ball a person can desire.

It can't cost more than a stamp these day?

Comment

sounds good to me.
        i will grab it at the end of the month, after exams are over. then hopefully it will tide me over til the third game.

Comment

Be prepared for a much harder game, though.

I've done the Monkey Ball 1 Master run twice now, but trust me, it is a much more insane experience than the second one. Not as frustrating (due to the fact that any mistakes are purely your fault and not due to the horrible luck-based levels) but definitely much more difficult. Luckily, having already completed the second once, you have an advantage.

Good luck...

Comment

You people. You monkey masters.
            I hate you all. :P
            How the **** do you do it?
            Yes, get it! The level design of SMB1 is soooooo better. I know Daisuki says SMB2 isn't random, but frankly, it is. How else are you meant to find out "wait 30 seconds, then push forward etc." to beat athropod.

SMB > SMB2.
            But SMB2 Monkey Dogfight + GC Flightstick > Everything!

Comment

the trick for me with SMB2 was playing it so much in challenge that i had 100 lives.
              that helped a little.

Comment

Monkey Ball one is much better game, but you wouldn't get 16:9 progressive scan or nicer graphics. It is a pure skill game not luck.

Comment

Monkey Ball 2's level design isn't random, (well, aside from that switch level; if it isn't random, I never figured out the logic) it's just much more puzzle-based than the first one. Some of the levels simply need to be analysed before progressing, I found. Of course, the problem is, is that the puzzle-based nature was so removed from Monkey Ball 1 (which was all down to your madd skillz with the analogue stick) that it was quickly rejected. I agree though, that single player isn't as good in Monkey Ball 2, but it's not terrible.

At least Monkey Ball 2 had Monkey Target 2 though; that was worth the money alone. Four-player Monkey Target 2 is a staple party game amongst my friends. If Sega released a game called Super Monkey Target, I think I'd have to buy it.

Comment

How about one of the early ones (I use that as an example because thats all I can remember) where you were literally "pinged" into the air and had to land on the top of a freaking pole, was it skill or luck, couldn't you do that everytime?

Comment

I tried that level so many times to try and get it atleast 40% of the time... in the end I just gave up. I think that there is a slight level of skill, you've got to get the ball in the right position so you don't go too far left or right, and can get on top with only a slight forward/backward tilt... That's exactly what I though though:

"How random is this!"

Comment

Its all about monkey target, foo's! Monkey target in smb2 sucks, monkey target in smb1 is such a piece of pure gaming pleasure that I almost never touch the other parts of the game now. ahh landing on a 500 without any power ups is what gaming is all about...

Comment

I also thought Monkey Target 2 was a bit rough, just because they made it so easy. I got over 1000 points on my first go without even trying. It just felt wrong.
                          I really liked being able to all go at the same time though, that was fun.

The only returning minigame that is improved is the Golf. Been ages since I played the game, mind...

Comment

Yeah, but Monkey Golf in SMB doesn't take much to improve it... it's rather poor, especially when compared to the rest of the game!

Comment

Half of SMB2's levels are completed by ramming the stick forward and hoping for the best. Most of the levels in SMB2 consisted of:

Start Platform + Moving stuff + Goal

What happened to the large multi puzzle based levels ala SMB1?

If this makes no sense, it's coz I'm well hammered (T'is my birthday. BURP!).

Comment

Working...
                              X