your must-have ps2 library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although they aren't PS2 exclusive, I can't believe nobody's mentioned:

Space Channel 5/Space Channel 5 Part 2. Both feelgood games of the highest order. Can be frustrating to those with no sense of rythm but I can't play it without smiling. And the "finales" of both titles are strangely moving (especially in Part 1, acappella, you know the bit...)

Comment

Ok, I got my PS2, see earlier post:

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness: Other than a few hours of Rez, it's the only game I've played so far. I love the humour, I played a few of the first chapters with the sound off and music on, thinking that it was just clear grid 101, but the story is so shallow and funny it's got me wanting to play through again just to experience it again. It seems a little easy, and I am always worried that I am missing out on the nuances of the game because of everything that I have heard, but so far, this game really is just pure fun.

The artwork is really catching, although some of the levels seem a little drab at times. Objects blocking your view can infuriate, but with the knowledge of multiple endings and the constant desire to play, I know it's something that I've moved past.

I want to see other peoples save games and their tactics... this is the game I can imagine playable where everyone just power-levels for hundreds and hundreds of hours, just being mental and dealing worrying amounts of damage! I want more hours in the day.

Really fun game and one I hope to play more soon... very soon!

Rez: because, some how, for a few short hours I was taken away from a grid. I don't know how, but they've made the PS2 version easier than the DC version. It won?t be long until I 100% all levels. I'm at 99.21(ish) on level 4, and I haven't tried level 5 yet on the PS2. I found the DC version hard, I couldn't do the second boss on tera... the PS2, I did it second time! Weird!

Uninspired, I know, but I've not had it long, so I haven't had time to experience some really niche titles.

Comment

Fantavision: Excellent presentation, addictive enough game for late night sesh
        ICO
        Rez
        Pro Evo 3, soon to be PES4
        Burnout: The original and best IMO
        Devil May Cry: I love/hate this game but its style makes it essential
        Psyvariar: Still my fave 2D shooter
        Gitarooman: Great characters, great music loads of charm
        Frequency: More addictive than Amplitude
        Katamari Damacy: The best PS2 chillout game
        GTA3: More fun than Vice City
        Deus Ex: If you haven't played the much superior PC version

Comment

And don't forget Winning Eleven 8 (Despite lack of English and slowdown)

Comment

How can you lot forget all the fantastic light gun games.

Time Crisis 2 - ANDDDDD ACTION. More of the same but with wonderful graphics that better the arcade version, some nice 2 player modes the chance to experience the machine gun.

Time Crisis 3 - Time to change weapons. Letting you pick from a choice of four, gaining bullets as you kill people, wonderful explosions and scenes, this really is the peak of the series.

Virtua Cop Elite Edition - Spruced up graphics from the Saturn and another great gun game to add to the collection.

Comment

Working...
            X