Vertical Shooters on GBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical Shooters on GBA

Is the screen too small to even attempt this?

Would GBA users even be interested in seeing more vertical shooters?

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by yashiro; 19-06-2004, 22:38.

It would defiently be worth a shot.

Comment

But the screen is widescreen. Vertical shooters would work on NGPC or NGage.

The only vertical shooter I've seen work on the GBA is that one with the prerendered 3D graphics that looked quite nice, I forget the name.

Comment

What if you showed them in 3/4 forced perspective? For example if you were to port Ikaruga to the GBA, whatever's at the top of the screen on the DC version would be sort of near the top but actually kind of in the distance in the GBA version.

Comment

Iridion 2 is great on GBA, check out the couple of vids on www.iridion2.com + online password related scoring leaderboards also

Think I'm ranked about 23rd overall.

Comment

I would love to see more. Iridon is very good and Axelay was ace on the SNES. As mentioned by James Harvey, new games could work by placing objects and enemies that are at the top slightly scaled down. Works on Iridon. Something similar in style to a refined Shiki No Shiro could work with effort.

Slightly O.T as they are a different perspective, but Steel Empire is excellent.

Comment

never heard of Steel Empire before, is it any good ?

Comment

The Iridion site says the euro release date is June 13 but since it's published by Vivendi I'm inclined to believe it's not out yet. Screens look very nice. Steel Empire looks quite lush as well.

Comment

That was June 13th last year
                  www.play.com had it for a tenner last time I looked.

Yep ?10, linky
                  Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.
                  Last edited by VR46; 20-06-2004, 21:44.

Comment

Yeah, I picked up Iridion II just a couple of weeks ago from Play for a tenner. Really quite a good game. I didn't find it that hard (on easy) which was good cos I am quite often a bit pants at games. Its also rather good on the Game Boy Player with the GameCube pad / Wavebird.

-weresheep

Comment

I play mine mainly on GBA Player also, have you entered your scores on the official website ?

Comment

I've always wondered why no one has ever tried to make a GBA game tate-style, like this [cue **** webcammage and image editing]. You still have the d-pad and three buttons (even my chubby fingers can handle that!)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Chief H; 21-06-2004, 09:09.

Comment

'cos it'd be **** and wouldn't work on SP?

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                            I play mine mainly on GBA Player also, have you entered your scores on the official website ?
                            Naaa, not yet at least. I may do so at some point but I suspect I'd be WAY down the list Perhaps I'll sit down one night at really go for a good score.

-weresheep

Comment

Working...
                            X