Nintendos GBASP Tribal Adverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendos GBASP Tribal Adverts

I?ve seen a few of the new adds for Nintendos new Tribal Edition GBA SP and they?re quite good. I would put them on par with the kind of adverts you see for PS2 or Xbox.

But then, just as Nintendo get an ad campaign for adults just right?. they balls it all up.

..and instantly it looks like a gay tattoo (although to be honest it always did)

Comment

Urgh

Comment

Nintendo needs to market this tribal design on a tough looking dude rather than mario to sell to the target audience of 10 to 16 year olds.

Comment

Get the new Nintendo GBASP with silly mark on it! Games run 30% faster!

Forgive me for not being impressesed with this gimmick. I think it is a real low for nintendo. If they found a way to make the machine sexier or did some really cool design work I would be impressesed, but putting a silly mark on the console and marketing it like it is amazing is really crap.

Comment

Havent seen any of the ads tho. But there was a 5 foot something tatooed naked man outside of a game store with a GBASP over his bits :| .

Comment

The TV ad works well. Basically some guy is playing his GBASP in a tattoo parla waiting room. Its dark and has bikers sitting around Ect. Then its his turn to go in and the artist pulls out a blow touch and puts this design on his SP. It gives of a red-hot glow and then fades to black as they show it off.
              Also in stores they have a card cut out of a naked man covered in tattoos with GBA leaflets over his crutch

It?s the typical kind of advert that you would make for this product? but you wouldn?t expect Nintendo to bother with. Its going to selling to the Goth and Vampire crowd wonderfully.

But yes?. It is still crap though..

Comment

That's plain awful.

Yuk. Take it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway
                  The TV ad works well. Basically some guy is playing his GBASP in a tattoo parla waiting room. Its dark and has bikers sitting around Ect. Then its his turn to go in and the artist pulls out a blow touch and puts this design on his SP. It gives of a red-hot glow and then fades to black as they show it off.
                  Also in stores they have a card cut out of a naked man covered in tattoos with GBA leaflets over his crutch
                  That sounds wank. It reminds me of those old Sega adverts with the 'cool guy' who looked a bit like an english Dennis Leary, who had that 10 year old chinese boy following him around.

Then they replaced him with Big Boy Barry, and that was even gayer.

Comment

I wasn?t giving it acclaim? I thought I took all credibility away from it by adding

Originally posted by MySelf
                    It?s the typical kind of advert that you would make for this product? but you wouldn?t expect Nintendo to bother with. Its going to selling to the Goth and Vampire crowd wonderfully.

But yes?. It is still crap though..

Comment

Can't wait for the Very Limited Edition Village People GBASP

Comment

I cant wait for the uber limited edition Chav GBA SP complete with bling and drugs and those stupid hats they wear.

Last edited by Ginza; 22-06-2004, 13:44.

Comment

Don't give people ideas. I want my GT4-bundled PAL PS2 to be ceramic white like the Japanese one last year, not with an all-over Burberry print.

Comment

I can't believe how Nintendo do really nice GBA SPs in Japan but absolute crap in Europe.

There have been about 5 different Japanese GBA SPs that I have wanted (got a Boktai) but I'm not particularly fussed by anything thats been released here.

Comment

Nintendo treating Europe like dogs treat lamposts shocker.

Comment

Working...
                              X