Mario Brothers DX and the Gameboy Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario Brothers DX and the Gameboy Player

When I try to play Mario Brothers DX for GBC on my Gameboy Player it just freezes up on the Gameboy boot screen.

Is there a list anywhere of other incompatible games?

this should probably be in q+a tech folder. Have you tried looking at gamefaqs.com mate? there may be a compatibility list there, in the Gameboy player forum.

Comment

That's strange. I always thought the GBA Player was just a pass through utlilty with a GBA emulator built in.

So there *can* be compatibilty issues then?!

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
        When I try to play Mario Brothers DX for GBC on my Gameboy Player it just freezes up on the Gameboy boot screen.

Is there a list anywhere of other incompatible games?

Just tried mine and its works fine

Comment

That's odd. Is yours the PAL version and does is the cartridge a clear green?

Comment

Have you tried it in a normal Game Boy to see if it works?

And maybe try cleaning the contacts (the good old Blow Method? might do the trick).

Comment

[quote="Mr Ono"]That's strange. I always thought the GBA Player was just a pass through utlilty with a GBA emulator built in.[quote]Nope, it is physical GBA hardware in it. I should think however that it uses the GC's framebuffer, which lets the GC apply the soften/sharpen effects and resizing etc that you can use.

Comment

I blew the cart and it's working ok now.

Comment

Can't believe you didn't try that! Obviously you never had a NES

Comment

Nah, I was still on my C64 until 1992. I thought because it worked in my SP it wouldn't have been a dust problem and just assumed it wasn't compatible.

Comment

I always blow the cart every time i put one in

Comment

I often had to do the blow trick with C64 carts Max

Nice to see you here as well... you following me?
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Nope, noticed you at Llamasoft forums though. Is your own website still going?

Comment

It was until about a month ago when the IDSA caused it to get pulled. I don't think my ISP will be turning it back on, so I'm currently deciding where to apply for a new patch and then get my domain name transfered over...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                            X