Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tokuda
    Originally posted by Squirtle1
    Way to go! A) You don't know me. B) You don't know if i have any understanding of the genre. C) Think next time.
    But Squirtle, you did demonstrate in the EDGE thread that you know little about fighters by stating Evo was only another fighting game...

what was it you said?

"Dress it up all you like, with depth and way of the exploding fist, but its still 2 men enter, 1 man leaves".

That comment is incredibly ignorant, and like Saurian said, you can reduce any genre or any game, but that isn`t the point of the game.
    Erm, to be honest, i don't own a jap PS2. The chances of me playing it are slim. My point back then was the way a fighting game ( and that's at heart what it is, with no way to break out of that mould in the same way something like Halo or GTA3/VC offer) was being evangelised as the best thing since sliced bread seemed a little odd to me.

Comment

Erm, to be honest, i don't own a jap PS2. The chances of me playing it are slim. My point back then was the way a fighting game ( and that's at heart what it is, with no way to break out of that mould in the same way something like Halo or GTA3/VC offer) was being evangelised as the best thing since sliced bread seemed a little odd to me.
      It only seems odd to you because you haven`t played it extensively.

Isn`t about playing games before you judge them or am I being terribly old fashioned?

And I stand by my belief, if you get really deep into evo, the emotions and psychological mind-games it engenders are unparalleled in any game.

And yes I love Halo too- just in case you`re wondering and play that on linked up XBOXs often, so I feel I`m perfectly qualified to make an informed opinion, whereas (not meaning to be rude or anything) you are not.

EDIT- as for breaking moulds, ask anyone who knows their fighters well, and they will admit that Evo. has broken several.

Comment

It only seems odd to you because you haven`t played it extensively.

Isn`t about playing games before you judge them or am I being terribly old fashioned?

And I stand by my belief, if you get really deep into evo, the emotions and psychological mind-games it engenders are unparalleled in any game.

And yes I love Halo too- just in case you`re wondering and play that on linked up XBOXs often, so I feel I`m perfectly qualified to make an informed opinion, whereas (not meaning to be rude or anything) you are not.
        Ok, point taken. Is your review of the game up yet?

Comment

Yeah

Take a look mate.

Comment

Yeah

Take a look mate.
            Will do when i get home. Can't access the main site, just the forums, from work. Bizarre, eh.

Comment

Will do when i get home. Can't access the main site, just the forums, from work. Bizarre, eh.
              Same with me. The main site contains the keyword "games" as so is blocked. The forum, however, does not. How much lower my post count would be if that were not the case!

Comment

I will definitley have to see thism, just to see if it's as bad as everyone says it is.

And as for GTA:VC not being artistic, Rockstar are up for Designer of the Year at the Design Museum, FFS! If that's not artistic, I don't know what the **** is. It'll have some stiff competition from the Apple guys, though.

Oh, and if you want to see gaming done right by a (semi)mainstream team, go down to the Design Museum in London. As part of the GTA:VC exhibit, they're showcasing various gaming milestones throughout the ages, including the original home Pong with paddles, Gran Tourismo, Mario 64 and a Streetfighter, I think, I don't really know the genre.

Comment

Hm, I have Scottish TV and I saw it...
                  Yeh, it was a mis-print in the paper, it was actually on. Guess I'll just have to catch it when it is repeated.

I wonder if Gamesmaster has raised peoples expectations as to how good games programmes can - or indeed should - be. I was never expecting this show to be anything other than what it obviously is, so I guess I'll be happy enough when I watch it.

The only thing that would annoy me would be if they had specifically aimed it at a very young age group, like Lan Jam and its ilk, that would have just been stupid.

Comment

I know it's not games radar, FFS. I come on here for more in depth stuff that i can't find in many other places. The atmos is good and the knowledge on display is excellent. But, i don't expect the same kind of thing from a tv programme broadcast at 3.05pm on easter sunday on ITV. I think to expect that is ludicrous.
                    Nail/head interface.

Jay

Comment

Just watched the re run on ITV2 and laughed all the way through. Im sorry i put myself through it, the awards were ok i guess but Sarah kept geting some of the names wrong Zelda the wind WORKER ???

The whole thing was littered with mistakes and the fact that the UKs best games managed to button bash his way to victory was an insult.

Comment

Why didn't you tell me it was Sarah Cawood. She's awesome!!!

Comment

That program was so FUNNY!

Manz was just sitting there blazin when they drop this! How is 2 brers button bashing through 1 round of Tekken a show of gaming skill?

They had DDR there - I know brers that can pass Paranoia Rebirth-Double-Mirror-STEALTH, but were they there? (he's on this forum BTW) There are brers that can choreograph entire dance routines in hours here in the UK on them games as well as score masters.

It pisses me off tho - because we have some truly incredible players here in the UK. Most versatile player? How about Ryan Hart? He's STILL feared in the arcades here, world famous and has been a top tier player since as far back as my memory goes. He's now rocking the house on VF4 Evo and I feel could do the same in a Japanese event. From Super Streetfighter 2 to KOF to Soul Calibur to VF4 the brer just roxx, he was even the UK's finest DDR player at one point (if it's versatile they want - I dont know anyone else who would qualify)

We also have some of the best Pump It Up players in this country. Shame that TRULY skilled gamers will never get recognition here.

Comment

I have to say i can more than hold my own at Pumpy.

I have both USA versions and am about to but the Perfect collection even though i have all the songs on stepmania.

Does anybody happen to know what the lyrics to Space Fantasy mean in English?

Comment

Just watched a late-night repeat to see what I'd missed, and what the fuss was about.

One word:

Appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                                That program was so FUNNY!

Manz was just sitting there blazin when they drop this! How is 2 brers button bashing through 1 round of Tekken a show of gaming skill?

They had DDR there - I know brers that can pass Paranoia Rebirth-Double-Mirror-STEALTH, but were they there? (he's on this forum BTW) There are brers that can choreograph entire dance routines in hours here in the UK on them games as well as score masters.

It pisses me off tho - because we have some truly incredible players here in the UK. Most versatile player? How about Ryan Hart? He's STILL feared in the arcades here, world famous and has been a top tier player since as far back as my memory goes. He's now rocking the house on VF4 Evo and I feel could do the same in a Japanese event. From Super Streetfighter 2 to KOF to Soul Calibur to VF4 the brer just roxx, he was even the UK's finest DDR player at one point (if it's versatile they want - I dont know anyone else who would qualify)

We also have some of the best Pump It Up players in this country. Shame that TRULY skilled gamers will never get recognition here.
                                That would be his fault for not enrolling, AFAIK it was open to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X