The Lost Golem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lost Golem

I cant find much info on this game. Dose anyone know much about it, is it any good?

All I know is that its a 1-2 Puzzle game.
    Last edited by Jakeway; 06-07-2004, 15:16.

I owned it when I still had my DC. Odd little puzzler, one of those where you've got a set number of "moves" to do to win the level, and you have to work out what the correct sequence of moves will be, yadda yadda. You're opening/closing doors and pushing walls around to help this little golem through the stages and past the obstacles from the entrance to the goal/exit... it seemed okay, but pretty simplistic. Some levels felt pointless, others way too easy. It didn't compel me to get very far the first time I tried it, and I never went back before I sold the machine...

Maybe worth a look if you can get it cheap. It didn't seem terrible, just not particularly interesting. It tanked in Japan, AFAIK, and I'm not entirely surprised if that's true - it looked/felt like a slightly more polished freeware download.

Comment

It's about ?5 from play-asia, and it's ****ing awful. Also called "Golem no Maigo". Plays and looks like a Yarouze game, but with no playability. Avoid like syphillis.

Comment

Yes I see it was a ?5 thats what made me ask.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Personally I enjoyed it, reminds me kinda of Chu Chu Rocket's puzzle mode.

Comment

The Lost Golem = Chu Chu Rocket with leprosy.

Worth ?5 for a laugh.

Comment

MY PRECIOUS...

Sorry. Seemed like the only thing to do.

Comment

Well? I bought it.

Most of you were right, it is kind of pap... but its charming at the same time.

So what if it has Midi music and ugly graphics and poor controls and crap animation and 3D models that could have been done better in paint, its? err? I cant reamer my point now....

I really don?t understand it. Im on the second level and I have got the king to the door in 4 different ways, but It keeps restarting me. Maybe I should make a topic in First Play

Comment

It's not too bad. Quite a interesting puzzle game, although not a game that really needs a Dreamcast..

If anyone wants to sell me a copy for a fiver.

Comment

I told you to stay away from this like Syphillis :P

I can't understand it either. It's a puzzle game that stumped me, so combined with the really really **** graphics I couldnt be arsed to waste my time on this ****e any more.

It's got a nice picture on the front end though...

Comment

Ditto with the not quite understanding what was going on. I couldn't figure out what was happening on several levels; there seemed to be far too much "okay... so I just entered the level and watched, and it... finished by itself?" The midi music was cute, ish, the idea of guiding a giant domo-kun around the place sort of appealed to me, it was off and on mildly interesting, but in the end it was better off back to the nearest CEX.

Comment

Working...
                      X