No announcement yet.

Best Beat! Favourite Rhythm games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing Space Channel 5 Pt 2 a lot recently, but other faves have been Cool Cool Toon (I've 100%ed this, and got Cool Cool Jam and link cable ), DDR (obviously. PIU has some nice tracks but the machines have seriously annoying rivits in the floor, and throw adverts at you), Pop'n'Music (cos this is what started me on the RA genre), Vibri (if only for her voice) and Frequency (such a challenge but totally doable).

Comment

Pump It Up is blatantly the best dance game

I played DDR for years and got nowhere. The panel config locks the player in one spot and the way Konami have done the step sheets for each song do not allow for proper dancing for choreography as the game plays like Beatmania with your feet rather than something you can work WITH.

Pump It Up is purely for dance, I think this is why people dont get it here. The song's step sheets on normal and double mode are based on routines either from the music video of that song or a dance which is been made specific. You can bring most dance styles to Pump It Up easily - I can pop, lock and glide on this machine (complaining about rivets is weak! I know manz that can glide on carpet so stop crying)

The sad thing is that the arcades dont promote these games properly, and gamers here are clueless as to how far each game can be taken cos they aint shown!

Comment

Fair enough Saur, I suppose it's what you're used to. I still prefer DDR to PIU tho (probably cos I'm reasonably good at it and know the dances).

Anyone here play EZ2?

(Incidently, are you going to chip PS2s with DMS3? I want the better PSOne code)

Comment

And if you want a good mat, get one of these bad boys:-

Comment

available to purchase where at a reasonable price?
            $20 shipping is a kick up the arse

Comment

Nowhere,

Lik-sang do them for ?36 before shipping

Comment

I haven't really played a 'dance' game for more than 10 minutes, except Space Channel 5, Rez, and Frequency.

Rez is ace. SC5 is cool. Frequency's okay.

Comment

I got me a PSone with DDR 2nd Mix and a mat in NY.
                  Love it . I want more. Yeah the DDR songs are pretty dumb, but it's fun. Plus I love Butterfly
                  I NEED 3rd mix for the upswing version. That's just so crazy.

I'd love to try PIU. What do you think my chances of finding it are in Manhattan when I go back? You work for them guys Saur, right? Know if they sent any machines over there? Taaaaaaa.

Comment

There are quite a few Pump It Up machine in the US

Andamiro have an office there and OKish distribution. Try it man - you'll LOVE it!

http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/pump/muhon_(originalver).zip

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                      The sad thing is that the arcades dont promote these games properly, and gamers here are clueless as to how far each game can be taken cos they aint shown!
                      If what is mentioned in the link below is done well, it could be a start

Comment

W00t!11!!

Machine Locations - Search Results

Listing all locations within a 10 mile radius from 10011
                        Click on the location name for more information. Results are sorted by distance.

Miles Name City Version
                        1.07 Port Authority Bus Station New York, NY DDR MAX2
                        1.41 Broadway City New York, NY DDR EXTREME
                        1.41 Lazer Park New York, NY DDR EXTREME
                        1.51 Chinatown Fair New York, NY DDR EXTREME
                        4.86 DDR & PIU Woodside, NY 5th Mix, DDR EXTREME, DDR MAX2
                        5.37 Good Times Game Center Jersey City, NJ DDR MAX
                        5.45 Columbia University - Lerner Hall New York, NY 3rd Mix
                        6.46 Edgewater Multiplex Cinemas Edgewater, NJ DDR MAX
                        9.37 Carom Cafe Billiards Flushing, NY DDR MAX2

Look Saur! The place with Pump it Up is connected right to the place where I stay via the subway! Plus the street I be on has a 1 train station RIGHT outside the door of the apartment block. So PIU and DDR machines are virtually right outside my doorstep . And it's on an express station stop! How very convenient. And also $1 for 3 songs, not bad. I just hope the place isn't overridden with peeps like you! I'll look so ****

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG
                          And if you want a good mat, get one of these bad boys:-

Nah you want one of these: http://www.cobaltflux.com/products.htm

Shame they only ship to the US.

Comment

Now THAT is a dance mat!!!

and those guys know how to use it!

check these movies

If You Don't Use Wholesale Flash Drives, Here's Why You're F*$%ing Up!!!

Comment

Samba De Amigo is the most fun out of all the dancing games I have played.

Frequency becomes very hypnotic after prolonged periods of gaming. The music is a bit hit and miss at times though.

Comment

Logic 3 are releasing a metal pad here in the UK. Not really sure why, as the Dancing Stage Series for PS1 hardly has a great songlist. It's probably in preparation for EuroMix on the PS2 though.

I'm thinking of picking this one up (for DDRMAX and MAX2 in April), but will wait for some opinions first...

Comment

Working...
                                X