Anyone played VF Cyber Generation yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone played VF Cyber Generation yet?

There is a demo just been released on the PS2 and I was wondering if anyone had managed to play it yet...

I would love to hear some impressions

Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation: Ambition of the Judgement Six [playable demo] for PlayStation 2Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation: Ambition of the Judgement Six - previously also announced as Virtua Fighter Quest - is an action RPG, in which you play as an original character Sei, a 14 year old treasure hunter who lives in the sea city Acropolis. His father is a software engineer of a virtual reality simulation application called Nexus. His companion is a 15 year old girl named Toka, who lives in the Acropolis.As time passes by, the network system of Nexus becomes unstable, many treasures in the ...
    Last edited by Goemon; 14-07-2004, 15:28.

Bump!

Anyone...?

Comment

Yes, thanks.

But you don't want to know what I think of it. Really.

Comment

Yes I do...

I'm a fan of AM2 and VF I wanna know what its like. Even if you think it's a real stinker I want to know why As I may look at it with 'tinted' glasses

Comment

It's not VF. At all. From what we've seen, it plays like a very simplified roaming 3D adventure with some tricky (read: annoying) controls and a slightly chunkier version of the engine from PSO (and reminds me somewhat of the adventuring bits in Custom Robo, strangely enough). VF comes into it because the lead character can 'capture' the virtual souls of the legendary VF fighters (SEGA's term, not mine) and then use simplified versions of their moves in battle. Ugh.

Still, I'll hold judgement until we get to play it for longer than an hour. And in English.

Comment

It was always common knowledge that this game had you controlling VF fighters souls with one button control to unleash VF specials yet everyone acts surprised! I'm not defending the game as I have heard nothing but bad things about it, but a lot of people are still expecting something similar to the proper VF.

Comment

I never expected it to be VF.

I already knew it was adventure orientated, that the moves you do are not VF moves but more just button presses.
              Even so tho...I have seen movies tho that make it look quite promising, with some good looking combos (regardless of how they are actually performed) and some kind of adventure/storyline to it...

How are moves performed?
              Can you see any potential in the fighting and performing of moves/combos?

I consider AM2 as a good Dev and can't imagine them making a turkey...
              Last edited by Goemon; 23-07-2004, 16:42.

Comment

Working...
              X