Virtua Fighter Final Tuned Out Now - Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtua Fighter Final Tuned Out Now - Report

Final Tuned was released into Japanese arcades earlier this week.

There are some fantastic indepth reports here...

and here...

Apparently the cabinets in some of the Sega arcades have been set to the equivilent of 15p a credit for the first week to let players experiment with the new system. Why oh why could i have not been born Japanese??

Intresting. Thanks for posting that up.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Those changes are amazing Some of these will completely change the way people play the game. I'm begging for a home release now...

I bet no other fighting game developers go to this kind of depth to improve their games. I thought Evo was pretty much perfect anyway but maybe I was wrong

Can you really see Midway putting this kind of thought into Mortal Kombat though? Or Tecmo improving the DOA games this way? Why would they when they can just throw in an online mode as a get-out clause for releasing such a poor game (again)

*waits for someone to say FT is just a cash-in update*

Comment

Recently chatting too a Japanese friend who stays in Saitama , he was chatting about it.Although Final tuned doesnt include as many new additions as VF4 to VF4 Evo did he did mentioned it was amazing...

Also told me how he had just got FTTP installed,100MB Broadband.Downloaded the PSO-BB client ( 384mb) in 2 minutes.Lucky bloke , and all for 4000yen a month.

Comment

I demand Tokuda comes out of retirement and does a review.

(and don't mention how cheap decent broadband is in Japan! It makes me cry)

Comment

That broadband service makes me so bloody envious. Why the hell haven`t we got a service like that. The Government have really let us down in the UK. All this 512k bull**** seems so lame and a major con.

I might write to the Conservative party about the situation. If they pledge to kick BT`s butt and get the phonelines sorted then I will definitely give them my vote.

Comment

Knowing that you're talking tongue-in-cheek... there's a bit more to it than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimoto
                Final Tuned was released into Japanese arcades earlier this week.
                Apparently the cabinets in some of the Sega arcades have been set to the equivilent of 15p a credit for the first week to let players experiment with the new system. Why oh why could i have not been born Japanese??
                30yen arcades are quite common in most cities. My one features pretty much all the capcom 2-D games from Super Streetfighter II -> Capcom Vs SNK 2, spike out, gundam 4 player thing, Tekken 4, Virtua Fighter 4 evolution, KoF 1998/2003, ghouls and ghosts, r-type, windjammers, guilty geat xx midnight carnival etc etc

However due to the cheapness of the games, the sheer skill level in the arcade tends to be obscene. You get kids spending hours in there for pennies simply because it's winner stays on. They also enjoy watching gaijin play for a few minutes to analyse your playing style and then joining in to totally rape you

Comment

Cheers for this wait til Saur sees it

Comment

Been playing this solidly since its location test. All in all, its betterd EVO! All characters seem to be more balanced than ever. New backgrounds, moves and the ability to CHANGE moves from the VF4 series via VF.net! Also, AI and animation has been vastly improved.

Comment

Think we will see a console iteration? or is this Arcade only? Id luvto kicks some ass at home!

Comment

Nothing's been confirmed yet but Im not too hopeful as sales for EVO werent that good.

Comment

I dont think it will ever reach the UK - what's the point? We have world class players here and a good scene in London, but that's about it.

I'd love to be able to be involved in this but we'd never get the whole Final Tuned experience here, with Net rankings and items etc. I'd be absolutely shocked to see the arcade version let alone a home port.
                          Last edited by Saurian; 20-07-2004, 14:31.

Comment

Youre right. Shame really. The Vf games dont get enough exposure in the west. If only people could realise the deepness of this series. It really is an artform.

Comment

Won't it even get a japanese release? The PS2 version must've sold well there...

Comment

Working...
                              X