Nice to see play.com advertising on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see play.com advertising on TV

Seen a few of their adverts now (usually on about 11pm Channel 4 - Big Brother time) it's mainly aimed at DVD releases but they are promoting games and their game sale, why don't we see more people like GAME advertise ? (guess it's the cost, or do they advertise during kids TV after school ?)

They are one of the most successful online retailer's so it's not surprising they've got the money to advertise on T.V. Still, more power to them although I hope their impeccable service doesn't start to deteriorate with more demand. i.e they become backlogged with order's or item's become out of stock and shipping delay's.

We wouldn't want that now would we..

Comment

Erm, play.com's service has comparitively gone down the pan for the last couple of years. Originally, when it was named Play247, the shipping was much quicker, they were cheaper and they would refund any import charges.

Now with the whole "No CDs" thing, the split into Play.com and playusa.com etc it's a shadow of its former self.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo
        Erm the split into Play.com and playusa.com etc it's a shadow of its former self.
        the split happened because other companies in the uk took them to court claiming an unfair advantage because they were shipping from Jersey/belgium

so they where forced to split by the courts and in turn they had to put stuff like 'no duty paid' on their parcels

i have been with play since they were play247 and all they stocked was the top 50 dvd's in 1998 and i agree to an extent that they arnt as good as they used to be but i put that down to more customers, but they still replace stuff whenever it goes missing whereas movietyme expect a letter sent stating you havent received anything and a postal form filled in stating the fact as well

nowadays i still buy most of my stuff from play but anything over ?18 i buy from movietyme as they ship from inside the uk so you wont get stung for customs and to be honest movietyme are about ?1 cheaper on most dvd's

Comment

Originally posted by Halo
          Erm, play.com's service has comparitively gone down the pan for the last couple of years. Originally, when it was named Play247, the shipping was much quicker, they were cheaper and they would refund any import charges.

Now with the whole "No CDs" thing, the split into Play.com and playusa.com etc it's a shadow of its former self.
          F**king hell, you can't please some people...

Cheap as chips (mostly) with a 3-day turn-around from free postage and some people still winge. Cube controllers at 15 squids as well...

Comment

I can't think of any rational reason why they (PlayUSA) will sell you R1 DVD's, but not NTSC-U/C games.

Comment

I've only ever dealt with play.com, like jimbob said they're as cheap as anyone, with 2-3 day delivery (free) and they do have some great bargains in their sales,

Comment

Halo's just one of those 'hardcorers' who says things are crap when they go mainstream. :P

I saw their ads during Christmas too... it's so weird how anyone who's anyone advertises like crazy during the run up to Christmas but doens't bother the rest of the time, mainly things for kids presents... toys, games, *that's* when Game marketing gets its finger out.

Comment

I've only been using them for the past few years so I have no idea of their history prior to that. Ordering PC games is both cheap and quick.

Comment

Working...
                  X