which games have lasted the longest? and a question abou gradius5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which games have lasted the longest? and a question abou gradius5

for me baldurs gate 2 (completed over 12 times) disgaea (100hrs play time so far) knights of the republic gun valkiryie (ages to master) psyvarier (that buzz system is so addictive

does gradius 5 have a hook for example ikaruga had the chain system psyvarier has the buzz system just something that turns a simple game inot a addiction

Comment

Games that have got me addicted in the past (and some still do) are : -

Daytona USA (arcade/Saturn/DC)

The amount of money i threw at this in the arcades must be hundreds. I brought a saturn for it (along with VF).

Everything from the addictive music to the powersliding i just love this game it feels so right.

Virtua Fighter Series

Although each one has gripped me, VF2 at the time had a great arcade scene, i used to practice at home and take my newly toned skills down to the local arcade to whip some ass (or get my ass handed to me ) Im guessing VF4 might have a good arcade scene but theres not any machines by me.

Guwange

I could play this all day every day, the art the music the scoring system. The whole game it just so polished.

theres loads more that have gripped me but these stick out.

Comment

Goldeneye, god knows how much time I racked up on this between completing single player, getting all the cheats and multiplayer (the biggest culprit!)

Comment

Disgaea with over 160 hours of play

Psyvariar because, as mentioned above the buzz is addictive

Halo I have completed 4 times and still go back to play certain bits from time to time.

Thunderforce 4 which I was playing just earlier. I loved this as a kid and still love it. Partly because it has a great soundtrack, but does anyone use the freeway fire mode. I find it useless

SF2 and its many iterations are still played, and I would like to pick up 3rd strike as I have never played any SF3 games.

Comment

vice city. play it every day, and although still stuck at around 90% (damn those hidden packages), have played over 200 hours on it.

it hasnt turned me into a murderer....yet.

Comment

Final Fantasy XI wins. Almost 2000 hours ><

Comment

I spent 4 years playing nothing but multiplayer Total Annihilation every single day. 5,000 hours would be a conservative estimate. My dialup bills were crazy.

I could play that game forever. CnC and Star Craft hem you in with limitations but in TA there's always a new way to play it. Build as much as you want, anywhere on the map. Rush like crazy or concentrate on your economy. Speciailise in one area while your ally shares resources. All the little bugs and exploits were an art in themselves.. it just played differently every single time. That's the kind of thing that keeps you coming back.
                Last edited by Molloy; 01-08-2004, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Molloy
                  Star Craft hem you in with limitations but in TA there's always a new way to play it.
                  Thats why there are still thousands upon thousand of people playing SC online still .

I was always a SC man over TA.

Comment

Disgaea over 100 hours play time now, and still enojoying it

Psyvariar 1 & 2, still trying for perfect 1 life runs.

Gradius 5 - just got hold of this baby, tba

Initial D - still time attacking and battling in the arcades and at home ^_^

Daytona -Altho i dont play this much anymore, i could be found playing this game for hours at home and in the arcade, still a great racer

Comment

In no particular order I'd have to say:

Super Mario Kart, StreetFighter 2 Turbo, Goldeneye and F Zero X.

Comment

Hmm...

NiGHTS Into Dreams probably takes the lead. Easily 200 hours or more in the first three months I had it and since 1996 I've played it very often. Not as good as I used to be (****ing Saturn backup battery died, never to replicate/beat my old, now sadly lost scores) and starting to slow down now but hey, 8 years is a pretty long time to play a game.

PSO, 250-300 hours across all guises (Dreamcast, Cube and PC).

Street Fighter Alpha 2 formed a huge part of my Saturn era playing too.

NFL 2K5, perhaps a bit early to include this but I've clocked up 16 hours in the space of 4 days. *gulp* I can see myself playing it a lot more than 2K4 now with the passing game tightened too.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
                          Thats why there are still thousands upon thousand of people playing SC online still .

I was always a SC man over TA.
                          Well there's no denying people like **** games. Just look at the charts.

Comment

Working...
                          X