King Of Fighters timing - help a brother out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Of Fighters timing - help a brother out

Right, one of you sick brers must be able to help me out. After a day solid playing King Of Fighters 2001 (on my new Hori stick, and maybe I prefer the SVC Chaos one for circular motions?) I have realised the following -

I can't do Kyo's punching combos to save my life.
    I can't do Iori's punching combos to save my life.
    I can do the quarter circle into half circle moves quite easily.
    I practically never miss a single quarter circle movement or half circle movement.

So what gives? Kyo's QCF+P, HCB+P should be an absolute piece of cake, and I can do the specials which have the same motion, but for some reason I just CANNOT make Kyo's second hit come out. What on earth is wrong with me?

I must have some timing issues, can anyone help me out with a few pointers? Do I have to match the motions with hits, or is it always the same rhythm?

Does anyone even care about King of Fighters any more?

WELL YOU SHOULD.

I still care, '96-'99 only though.

practice practice PRACTICE!!

Iori's qcb+p x3 was difficult for me to learn back in the day, my main problem was being too quick. I've never really had a problem with Kyo though.

Try taking things a little slowly.

Comment

2001 is a bit weak. I prefer '99 on Dreamcast (and '96 on Neo Geo).

I have probs with combos. My timing always seems to be well out (I always button-depress noticeably late: my mate has told me this -- I can't help it, it's the ticking in my brain).

Comment

Kyo's QCF+P, HCB+P should be an absolute piece of cake, and I can do the specials which have the same motion, but for some reason I just CANNOT make Kyo's second hit come out.
        I haven't played KoF01 that much (like Dave says, it's 96-99 all the way baby!) but has that move been cut from the game? I can do that move no problem on 98 and 99, and SNK|P have a tendency to mix, cut, and add moves to each version.

It really is a simple move to do

Does anyone even care about King of Fighters any more?
        Sadly, not many people, which is a shame as it's still leagues ahead of any pre-SF3 Capcom fighters. I'd even say KoF98 is on a par with SF3 3rd Strike, there's easily as much depth, yet not as accessible as SF3's mechanics.

Aaaaaaaand, Neo Stick > all others for 2D fighters

Comment

Just had a go on KoF2001, and that move is indeed in there. Just do the first QCF+P and before that has executed, just do the HCB+P again straight away and it'll work.

Comment

Lies, all LIES!

2001 is a friggin awesome KoF, probably my favourite....But then I'm a big fan of the striker system and thought it was exploited best in 2001.

As for the original question...its definitely just a timing thing, and as mentioned before...its all about practice!

Get yourself learning some striker combos, its the way forward!

Comment

Strikers are a matter of taste: personally I don't miss them.

2001 is a bit of a mediocrity, strikers or no (IMHO).

Comment

Not played 2003 yet, but '02 is worse than '01, IMO. It's completely unnecessary and nowhere near as playable or interesting as '98.

Personally I love two things that no-one else seems to: KoF 2000 and Lin

Comment

Thanks, it seems I just suck ass big time.

I can do it no problem on my SVC Chaos stick, so it must just be an acclimatisation thing

Comment

I suck ass a lot as well, but mainly at night.

Comment

Needless gross out!

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                        Not played 2003 yet, but '02 is worse than '01, IMO. It's completely unnecessary and nowhere near as playable or interesting as '98.

Personally I love two things that no-one else seems to: KoF 2000 and Lin
                        Agreed.

2002 was just a poor man's 98! It tried to be like it, even bringing the Orochi Team out of retirement but failed miserably!

Everyone likes a different versions when it comes to KoF, the only agreement is everyone seems to have is that they all like 98. I have played them all but have only felt the need to own 98, 2K and 2K1....I am interested to play 2K3

Comment

2001 lets you choose 3 chars + 1 strikers, or 4 chars.

4 chars wins each time >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Salter
                            2001 lets you choose 3 chars + 1 strikers, or 4 chars.

4 chars wins each time >_<
                            This is dealt with by the characters not dealing as much damage and receiving more. during a fight

In the case of boss battles I would never pick 4 characters, I rarely even pick 3 because you just don't take anything off when you hit them and they wreak the **** out of you if they hit you!!

Learning some striker combos with 1 or 2 man team deals some crippling damage and can be far more effective in certain situations, but this is a great this about 2001 you can chose...

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon
                              ....I am interested to play 2K3
                              "I'm lovin it" as they say. Weird at first with the single round nonstop striker thing but it's refreshing and quite hectic at times. Nicest backgrounds Playmore have managed too. My favourite since 2000. And I prefer 01 over 02 too.

Comment

Working...
                              X