Official Bought/Playing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Bought/Playing Thread

It's been a while since an official one of these, I think. Knock us all out with your l337 purchases ^^

Feel free to link anything that turns up in the First Play thread. Mine:

GBA

Advance Wars

PS2

Gradius V Jpn (not Korean) LE

Street Fighter III: Third Strike LE

Arcade PCB

Warzard CPSIII

Tbh, I don't like Advance Wars much. That makes me about the only gamer on Earth who doesn't, and I am leaking valuable hardc0re coolant
    Gradius, of course, is amazing. Not had much time to play it recently, what with being on the road with work a lot. SFIII feels tighter in this version - some serious hours on it this weekend, oh yes.
    Warzard is going into a mate's cab, when he finally gets one. Can't wait to play on this bad boy again ^^

Bought:

ESPgaluda (Playstation 2, NTSC-J)
    Final Fantasy X International (Playstation 2, NTSC-J)
    Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission (Playstation 2, NTSC-J)
    Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - Fight for the Future LE (Playstation 2, NTSC-J)
    Ultimate Fighting Championship (Dreamcast, NTSC-J): already had this but it was second hand and managed to find a sealed one for sale.

Awaiting:

Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 10 & 11 DX set (Playstation 2, NTSC-J)
    World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 (Playstation 2, NTSC-J)

Playing:

Final Fantasy XI Online (PC)

What can I say, I am completely 100% addicted to this game and the stack of barely played or unplayed games I have is testament to how much I enoy FFXI. Currently at level 52 with my Ninja now which means I am in the realm of obtaining my uber Ninja artefact armour which will make me look the business.

Comment

GC
      Hori SC2 stick
      SC2 (Jpn)
      GC Keyboard Converter 2in1 (thanks Soi)
      PSO 251 mem card

XBox
      Magic Box adapter

PS2
      Hori SC2 stick (not purchased this quite yet - waiting for reply to PM)

Just waiting for SFIII 3s on XBox Live.
      Playing SC2 lots at the moment on XBox and GC. I know lots of people here don't like it but I find it fun.

Treble - I'm not the biggest fan of Advance Wars either - I like it, but I just don't think its as good as everyone says although I can see why they say it.

Comment

I bought Front Mission 4 off of 'ere, looking forward to that 'cos it'll be a nice change from the usual mecha harc0re* I've been playing since, well, since it came out...

Tekki and Tekki Taisen

...is all I've played, with a little F-Zero GX and Desert Combat (when the round ends).

* and yea, I know FM4 is mecha too, just not Tekki-mecha ^_^

Comment

Im currently playing Gradius V and ESPGaluda on the PS2.

Mostly getting my head round ESPGaluda's scoring system. and trying to get lvl5 of Gradius V down.

For my non shmup addictions im playing Daytona 2001 mostly in anticipation of Outrun 2.

Comment

I've bought TOS and Gradius v in the last couple of weeks.

Not been able to play Gradius too much due to me being totaly addicted to Tails its the only game recently that I've been putting serious hours into in such a short amount of time.

Also been getting back into we7 international due to all the talk on here about 8.
            Last edited by pace; 13-08-2004, 11:52.

Comment

Waiting (all from yahoo japan)

Samba maracas x 2
              N64 JPN
              Bangioh
              Sin & punishment
              Choro Q
              Waverace
              Puyo Puyo Sun
              Virtua Pro Wrestling
              Custom Robo
              zelda ooc and human grand prix

Playing this weekend

WE8
              SF Third Strike
              Full Spectrum Warrior
              Mario no photopie (need to test this out)
              Last edited by ince; 13-08-2004, 12:07.

Comment

Playing:
                Winning Eleven 8
                Learning skills, finding the patches so I can play Master League properly

Metroid Prime
                Just rebought this, I WILL COMPLETE THEE, last time the world collapsed around me, and I forgot what I was doing so I deleted my 59% save file and started afresh

X2
                Some space trading, pirate killing action... gonna sink some hours into this, very very absorbing.

Comment

Bought:

GBA
                  Super Street Fighter 2 X Revival

Playstation 2
                  Final Fantasy X International - NTSC J

Ordering:
                  ESPgaluda - NTSC J
                  Gradius V - NTSC J

I am also tempted to order TOS after reading the great comments in the first play thread, just need the cash!

At the moment i am not really playing much, finished off Broken Sword 3 on the xbox was really just playing to see the ending. As always playing through some classics with xbox emulation.

Will be back playing on xbox live when Black Arrow (PAL) is released although i suck it is still great fun to play.
                  Last edited by VoyagerFX; 13-08-2004, 12:02.

Comment

Tales of Symphonia (GC)
                    Baldur's Gate (GC)
                    F-Zero GP Legend (GBA)
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Bought
                      Jak II: Renegade - My promo copy is pretty worn and I like to have nice boxed copies of my games.
                      Final Fantasy X-2 - In preperation for completing FF X. Which I haven't yet.

Playing
                      Jak II Promo Copy - Just making my way through it in preperation for Jak 3.
                      Mario Golf Advance Tour - the Mushroom Course is just plain evil
                      Final Fantasy X - Stuck on one of the later bosses. I need to level up for a few hours so haven't gone back to it.
                      Golden Sun - It's OK I guess, nothing brilliant. Just playing it for an hour or so every now and then.

Comment

Eh... last thing I bought was Full Spectrum Warrior, and I've only briefly touched it. Very short on money and wondering what I'm going to do in order to pick up Riddick and possibly Sudeki, also... oh, and Amped 2 out of a bargain bin. Which is definitely going back to the shop in exchange for something - awful controls and an annoying difficulty curve? No, thanks.

Right now I've been playing Ys 6 - Nihon Falcom for the win - and I've got a couple of games waiting near the end (annoying final or penultimate missions meaning I've left them to cool off)... Crimson Skies, Battle Engine Aquila (more stuff I picked up cheap, though those two I'm enjoying overall).

Comment

Playing:

Metal Arms (XB)
                          Fire Emblem (GBA)
                          Capcom Vs SNK 2 (XB)
                          PGR2 (XB/XBlive)

and neglecting Ninja Gaiden far too much. Am stuck on the pair of worms and have been for ages - had been rinsing it (even Alma) up until that point. Also, need to go back and give KOTOR the time it deserves.

Comment

now i finished paper mario 2, i'm pretty much only playing moto gp 2 on xbox live once again.
                            nowhere near as good as i used to be though.

i keep meaning to get the dreamcast running again, i want to practice guilty gear and dead or alive before the xbox versions arrive.

Comment

working my way through NFS: Underground (stop laughing at the back! i got it cheap, ok?). it's alright, the racing is pretty basic - you just point and shoot, then bounce off the walls, and the shiny, shiny tracks can be confusing first time round. but the car modding is neat. currently thrashing a pearlesant green Peugot 206, with OZ rims and level 3 upgrades. all i need now is the Burberry cap and some gabba blaring out the windows...

also playing GC Biohazard for about the 7th time. i don't know why, but it gives me The Fear every time, even though i know it all by heart. and yes, the dog bursting through the window still makes me jump.

Comment

Working...
                              X