Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which london arcade? (for f-zero + outrun2)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which london arcade? (for f-zero + outrun2)...

hey all,

got a few days off work, so thinking of heading down to london for some arcade action - specifically that of the f-zero and outrun2 flavour.

don't have a great knowledge of the city though - let alone it's arcades - so i was hoping some of you guys could point me towards where i might be able to satisfy my particular urges?

from a quick search and browse through previous threads, it sounds like the trocadero may have what i'm after... but it also sounds like a lot of people on here really hate the place and that the machines might be buggered. but is there an alternative?

incidentally, i'm talking central(ish) london here only - or at least only places in easy tube reach of a clueless tourist.

thanks!

I think trocadero is your only hope for both of them, its not that bad really.

Comment

I wouldn't bother, place is a scum hole and too expensive and even if they have the latest machines they may not work. But then again I guess what do you have to lose if that's your best bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Olympichero
        I think trocadero is your only hope for both of them, its not that bad really.
        Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
        I wouldn't bother, place is a scum hole and too expensive
        heheh, this is kinda indicative of the conflicting opinions i seem to be finding about the trocadero in general. but thankyou both very much for your input.

right, i think i'm gonna do this tomorrow (wed). i'll try both the troc and the namco, because i'm gonna go to the london eye anyway and unless i'm very much mistaken (which i probably am!) the namco is very near the eye... maybe. then i'll take a trip to the great!/****! troc.

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
        But then again I guess what do you have to lose if that's your best bet?
        indeed. and that's what all this really boils down to in the end: both the namco and the troc have got to be infinitely better than nottingham's namco, haven't they? ...haven't they?!

well, i guess i'll find out tomorrow...

Comment

I went to Trocadero about a month ago. It was great, I haven?t been to a big arcade like that before.

They had R360 to, which I have always wanted to play. But it was ?2 a go, turned off and behind a chain?. Oh well nest time.

Comment

well, a most excellent afternoon was had on wednesday by all accounts. found my way to both the namco and trocadero, and must say i found the troc rather less offensive than the namco, although i was quite pissed-off at being charged 2 quid to withdraw cash from the troc's cash machine! (sure, i couldn't gone outside to search for a nearby cashpoint, but f-zero was calling me...!).

anyway, neither outrun2 or fzero dissappointed. the first few goes on outrun were enjoyable, but i'd totally forgot to powerslide; then once i started getting the hang of 'slides, the whole game transformed and i loved every minute of it.

and f-zero... man, what a rush that game is. it was everything i'd ever hoped it'd be really. took a while to get used to using the foot-break for the tight turns - as opposed to double-air-breaking or opposite-air-breaking - but once i'd adjusted to that i could chuck the craft around those tight corners like a maniac. certainly the most engrossing arcade experience i've had for years.

and to top the afternoon off, i also had the chance to observe some l33t DDR skillz - excellent stuff.

Comment

Next time you're down there, check out 'Las Vegas' on Wardour street. Nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway
                They had R360 to, which I have always wanted to play. But it was ?2 a go, turned off and behind a chain?. Oh well nest time.
                R360, wow I haven't played that in like 15 years. I feel old

Comment

Anyone know if its up working again?

Comment

Working...
                  X