No announcement yet.

Gaps in your gaming repertoire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square: I always assumed you were an RPG fan from your username. Haha, what a revelation.

shmups for me. It's not that I haven't played them (had a few as a kid) but there's a lot of noise being made about some notable titles recently such as Ikaruga and Psyvariar that I can't help but feel intruiged

Comment

Complicated driving games like Gran Turismo or the neverending conveyor belt of Rally games. Bleuh bleuh and bleuh

I'd rather go landrovering all over the farmers fields on a Sunday in my friends purple custom made Defender.

I still think Stunt Car Racer is one of the best games ever mind you. It had link up as well didn't it

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
        Square: I always assumed you were an RPG fan from your username. Haha, what a revelation.
        Nah, I just love Einhander!

Actually, it just got shortened from Squarepusher, one of my favourite musicians.

Comment

The Sims- I have never played the Sims or its 1,523 add on packs. No real urge to play them any time soon either.
          Driving games- unless its Mario Kart or MSR then I find them as dull as dishwater. Or something like that. GT is just sooooo boring to me.
          Online games- maybe its my crappy 56k dial up or the fact that nothing beats thrashing friend and family on a 4-player game, but online gaming is something I am uninterested in.

Comment

I don't play RTS and sim games. I find sim games dull, and I'm not very good at RTS games at all. I tend to focus on only a couple of activities in RTS games, rather than manage all the different tasks properly.

In fact, I generally don't play PC games at all these days, I've even got bored with all the PC fps games. PC gaming just looks stale and samey if you ask me.

Also, I haven't played an rpg for a while (since Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II) but I think thats mainly because the last couple of Final Fantasy games haven't appealed, and there hasn't much else decent translated into English.

The thing that gets me going will always be arcade/action games, of almost any description.

Comment

Definitely, like many and Paperclip above: sims and RTS. Also, I used to play RPGs loads (loved Vermillion, FF7, Shining Force 3 amongst others) but can't touch them now. Totally leaves me cold.

Comment

I dont play sports games at all - it's the only genre I dont touch.

Playing everything everything else tho ^^

Comment

Has to be most sport games, I liked sports games back in the 16bit days (think sensi soccer and EA hockey on MD) but these days they just don't appeal. I can't think of anything more boring than playing virtual football.

Comment

Driving and beat 'em up games, neither genre has ever held any real appeal for me, I thought I had finally found something to change my mind in GT3 but it turned out I was just dizzy over the graphics.

Sports games as well, last one I played to any extent was Speedball2 on the Amiga, 'real-life' sports like football, hockey, etc don't hold my interest when I'm watching them happen in real-time so a console representation of that immediatly has the odds stacked against it.

Comment

Like Edame & wager, I don't think I've ever played a sports-management or a horse-racing sim ~

I've got a copy of Chocobo Stallion waiting that might alleviate that problem though. Anyone played that here ?

S.

Comment

I dont play RPG's. The only one I have ever really enjoyed is the Shenmue series and that is not your typical RPG. Any game with turn based battles bores the hell out of me.

Comment

Dating Sims, maybe I should get some for my Saturn?

Seriously though Football management games! Give me Sensible Scoccer any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Square
                            Cheers C', I did have my eye on that one as it happenes. And there's hardly a shortage of pre-owned copies
                            Never played any of the FF games, didn't see the point after playing Panzer Dragoon Saga. No RPG could even come close to it. Everything else since just hasn't cut it.

If you don't like RPGs then get Saga. It's pseudo real time combat system will suit you down to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                              I dont play RPG's. The only one I have ever really enjoyed is the Shenmue series and that is not your typical RPG. Any game with turn based battles bores the hell out of me.
                              I have one word for you too.

Saga

Comment

Working...
                              X