No announcement yet.

Just finished Metroid Prime, first time 90%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to have to play Prime again at some point. I feel I simply didn't enjoy it first time like I should have. But then I think about having to obtain and go through all the logs again in order to get 100%.

And that makes sleep seem preferable. To be frank.
    Absolutely - nice game, but I'll never be going back to it. Thinking about all I had to do to even get 75% completion makes my head spin.

I'm the same with all games like this (Zelda, Mario Sunshine, FF X, etc.) - I can only play them through once and then it gets shelved.

Comment

It's disheartening to know that you won't be able to get a 100% scan rating when you're so little into the game. I missed the
      Originally posted by spoiler
      different types of war wasps at the incinerator drone and hive bosses
      so I'll never 100% it without a replay. That's a real flaw, IMO, cause you're just getting into the game, so you don't really know to scan every last thing and so you probably won't get a 100% on your first go.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
        I've had the game since US release and have yet to finish it. So there.

I have tried a few times to get back into it, but the thought of crossing the entire world to get where I need to go doesn't really appeal. Actually, I can't even remember the way...

One day though, one day...
        Me too mate.

I just found that I lost interest with it TBH. I think I found the pace too slow.

I think I'll have another crack in the summer, when I've got more time.

Comment

what happens when you get 100%? I only got 98% each time!

Comment

Originally posted by Peet
            Originally posted by Squirtle1
            Originally posted by Concept
            I think I'm going to have to play Prime again at some point. I feel I simply didn't enjoy it first time like I should have. But then I think about having to obtain and go through all the logs again in order to get 100%.

And that makes sleep seem preferable. To be frank.
            You don't have to actually read all the logs. As long as you scan them, that's all you need to do. No reading necessary.
            To get 100% you don't need to scan anything. The ending/item percentage is determined by the items you collect. There's also a scan percentage that's determined by the log book entries you get.
            agreed

i finished it with 98 percent and all ihad to get was 1 energy tank which was in the little gap between phendara drifts and magmoor

could i bomb jump to it - could i feck, not matter how hard i tried i still couldnt do it

Comment

Working...
            X