Games you've completed that nobody believed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games you've completed that nobody believed

One day in 1994 when i was sick with the flu. my mom let me bring down my sega master system i spent the rest of the day playing the built in sonic game (which was a brilliant idea) space harrier, operation wolf and R-Type. Now r type was and still is a very hard game i only usually got onto or past the fifth level and imagine my supprise when i compleated it a game to this day my brother has never beaten even though he is better at it. I started jumping up and down (not a good idea in my condition) I could not wait for my my brother to get back from school. When i told him he just dismissed me out of hand i was so pissed off i tried to beat again but no how much i tried it never happend.

Awesome idea for a thread.

Master System here too. My mate and I FOR *AGES* played Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap trying to crack some of the mazes (we were wee nippers and didn't have much of an RPG tuned brain between us at this time). Then, when he went to France for a couple of weeks, I finished the bugger that had kept us confused for a good half a year.

By the time he'd gotten back I'd thrown it back on the shelf and ditched the passwords (mistake...). He never believed I'd finished it and couldn't believe I threw the passwords away. He wanted proof - but I could never do that Pygmy bit again.

Ah, but soon I will have it again...!

Comment

My brother didn't believe me when I 100% completed Tokyo Xtreme 2 on the DC. Unlocked the Porchse Turbo after racing 365 days

Comment

Hey I remember Wonderboy on the Genesis/Megadrive. That game was the greatest... I wish they would make a sequel to it. I loved that game.

I never played the one you're referring to, but there was a pigmy part in this game too.

Comment

yeah one time when we were in Pontins in summer set to adviod sleeping in that smelly shalley i used to just stay in the arcade. i loved that arcade it was so big you would find something new everyday . well eventualy me and my friends(not reall friends those holiday friends of circumstance) completed that simpsons game were the end bosses were mr smithers with molatove cocktails and then finaly burns in a robo suit. the game was brilliant the only thing is everyone believed us cause everyone was there one guy was so impressed that he gave me his left over tokens and I traded them in for a bunch of pogs

Comment

i borrowed Earthworm Jim off my friend for a day when i was at school. The following day was a teachers training day, so i spent pretty much the whole day playing it.

I then gave it back to him the next day. I said i completed it, and he didnt believe me. He said i wouldnt have enough time to have beat it. I said i played it most the day, and then he said i was a saddo for staying in all day playing the game.

Comment

Alex Kidd in Miracle World on master system, the game EVERYBODYS played but no-one's finished...to be honest i didn't finish it...but i did get to the very last level, which was dismissed by all friends and my brother

MDK2 on the Dreamcast, sadly no one give a **** about this title so no-one really cared that i'd clocked it.

Dead To Rights on US Xbox...different matter, took a few weeks and a lot of cursing but i got through it... one of my friends still belives it's impossible, and hell, it nearly is.

Comment

Contra (Probotector) on NES. My sis still doesn't believe I completed it without using the all-too-famous 30 or so lives cheat...

Comment

Originally posted by Plisken
                  Alex Kidd in Miracle World on master system, the game EVERYBODYS played but no-one's finished...to be honest i didn't finish it...but i did get to the very last level, which was dismissed by all friends and my brother
                  Ditto. Almost. I was on the best playing form of my pre-teen years and what happens? I got beaten at ****ING JANKEN. Game Over, mother****er.

Never ever got that far again.

Comment

Originally posted by lostn
                    Hey I remember Wonderboy on the Genesis/Megadrive. That game was the greatest... I wish they would make a sequel to it. I loved that game.

I never played the one you're referring to, but there was a pigmy part in this game too.
                    Aye - the Megadrive one was classic too. Wonderboy's in bad need of an update.

Comment

Well, it nearly killed me... but after reading your great posts on Alex Kidd when I got home from work this afternoon, I thought I'd dig it out and complete it again tonight!!!

Anyone who would like a look at the final screen... please PM me and I'll send you a JPEG!
                      Last edited by Rhys; 06-09-2004, 23:29.

Comment

heh, i loved Alex Kid. Cant remember how far i got tho... Congrats Mr Rhys - bet it felt good.

I'm another who sat through Earth Worm Jim and beat it in a day to have a cynical response from my brother. Previously we were both completely stuck on the underwater section (where u need to guide the submarine-thing through all the narrow tunnels with limited health...) But, after leaving it a week or so, went back, completed it within one sit. My bro never believed me and i couldn?t do it again. heh

Turok Dinosaur Hunter is another for me. Damn that was a long game ? but I loved it, up until the last couple of level that is. Having to suddenly shoot characterless robots wasn?t all that thrilling in all truth. But I prospered and was treated to an incredibly tense 5minutes before the climax with the Boss himself. Soldiers hanging from the ceiling, dripping with blood... at the time it was very atmospheric?

Then 2mins later the boss was dead and I witnessed probably the most unexciting, disappointing, and kick-in-nuts ending ever.

Anyhoo, I was still obviously thrilled with the fact I had finally beaten something I had literally put months into but, again, my brother wasn?t impressed. The cheeky bugger wouldn?t believe I hadn?t used cheats! Pfft

^_^
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Heehee, nice one Rhys. I'm getting a 60hz SMS off Superfamifreak soon so I'll hold on your JPEG for the time being

Comment

Nobody believed I had completed Strider without losing a life when I was a kid, so I refused to switch it off until they saw me do it. Only I couldn't. We must have sat there for hours... I must have been a right bossy little git.

Comment

I could 1 life Area88 on hard and no one believed me. I proved that one though.

Also, I was told I was bull****ting about unlocking t3h white angel on Ridge Racer Revolution after just 2 days play or something stupid. I scived a lesson to go get my memory card before dinner, then I went round to my mates house at dinner break with around 8 peeple, some we didn't even know! Then we all packed into his tiny room and loaded up the save. Humble pie was served.

Reaching Gouki on SSFIIX was one I could never prove however. My mates even denied his existence until it was printed in EGM.

Finding out the debug cheat on Sonic 3 on day 1 all by myself was one that wasn't believed either.

LOL - when the GBA was released I bought it along with F-Zero (still one of the best games for it IMO), and then took it through to CEX the week later, luckily the dude I bought it off was on the phone talking to someone, I powered up my GBA, showed him the Jet Vermilion, then he immediately broke off his conversation with this dude on the phone and screamed down the line "holy ****! I've just been shown the Jet Vermilion!!" He went crazy for 10 minutes showing everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X