Capcom's big 5 for GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom's big 5 for GC

Just found this story on Magic Box and was wondering if anyone had heard exactly what is going on.

G A M E C U B E

- After the Biohazard producer Mikami stepped down as the chief to Production Studio 4, Capcom has removed Production Studio 4's GameCube webpage, which contains the latest info on Capcom's GameCube projects include Biohazard 4, Killer 7, Dead Phoenix, Viewtiful Joe and P.N.03. Capcom has not commented on the issue.

Capcom is a bunch of idiots that what happened. They wasted too much time porting Resident Evils that nobody bought when they should have been focusing on new titles like the Capcom 5.

Personally Mikami leaving be a start in the right direction. On a side note, don't believe anything you read on the Magic Box. Cheeky buggers...

Comment

You can still find the pages if you search through the site, but I don't think it's significant. Viewtiful Joe and PNO3 both have their own sites now and I'm sure the other games will when the time is right, so the main announcement page wasn't really needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Che Musashi
        Capcom is a bunch of idiots that what happened. They wasted too much time porting Resident Evils that nobody bought when they should have been focusing on new titles like the Capcom 5.

Personally Mikami leaving be a start in the right direction. On a side note, don't believe anything you read on the Magic Box. Cheeky buggers...
        Has he actually left? Is this anything to do with RE Zero not meeting sales targets?

Too many questions!

Anyway, I'm not sure if the right assumption is that production on the big 5 has ceased.

Comment

I read this (and posted it in irc) but was under the impression Mikami was stepping down as producer to get a more direct involvement in fewer projects. Could be wrong.
          And bear in mind, the games have disappointed on the financial side.

Comment

Yes unfortunately Mikami will still be there. I have a whole theory on this situation. Capcom thought they were going to be the Bravo and IFC of videogame companies, instead they are probably more like MTV.

PN 03 should have been launched in the US and Europe first. That was where the demand is. Now they are stuck in a rut where everything is either Resident Evil something, or looks like Devil May Cry but is "different". Even though they don't say it Devil May Cry 2 is a big reason why they lost money. Which brings us full circle back to Mikami. He's too busy making games with 150.00 USD controllers because he refuses to develop for PlayStation 2.

Comment

I wasn't that let down on seeing RE:0's figures. It didn't miss them by that much and it'll meet that figure in time. Though I will agree that neither have been the killer apps they were expected by some to be. to me even when RE:0 was first announced on N64 the only one people have ever cared about was RE4.

Comment

Have they mentioned what other platforms the games may be ported to?

Comment

So far all are remaining GC exclusive.

RE is tied by contract
                  PN03 pretty much did bad so it isn't profitable to port.

Who knows of the others.

Comment

RE0 dulled me big time.

Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 on the other hand, from what I've seen of them, look truly scrumptious.

Here's hoping Capcom have a good E3.

Comment

Working...
                    X