Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller or Steering wheel for Outrun 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller or Steering wheel for Outrun 2?

Is anybody investing in an Xbox Steering wheel for Outrun 2? Or do you already have one?

I just can't see it being the same with a controller. So i'm going to have to try and pick up a steering wheel and peddles from somewhere, makes the game alot more exciting, and more like the arcades.

I was thinking about it before I played the demo, but the pad feels more or less okay to me. Takes a little bit away from the game but I think they've done a good job getting the control right.

Doesn't help the steering wheel's cause that there isn't a good one for the XB.

Comment

Like hankwangford, i fully intended on buying a steering wheel and suitable stand to play Outrun 2 but since getting used to the pad i've really got no complaints at all and am happy without a wheel.

Comment

I definitely want a steering wheel for the finished Outrun 2 and Burnout 3 but as has been mentioned the selection is minimal, Logitech have a NASCAR branded wheel coming out but not till nearer xmas, http://xbox.ign.com/articles/536/536...html?fromint=1

Mad Catz also have a Forza Motorsport wheel coming out which was shown at E3 but I can't find pics of it anywhere, saw it in a video from some German site which was showing off Forza's Ferrari F355 style 3 screen setup and it looked decent enough.

The only wheel that's available now that looks not to bad is this one from Mad Catz http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/produ...roduct_id=6320

Comment

the logitech wheel sounds a bit cheap and nasty. with the glut of decent xbox racers i don't see whay they can't do a proper ff wheel like they used to do on the PC.

here's hoping madcatz do a better job

fb

Comment

i want a Wheel as doing the gravel trick in Outrun 2 is just to hard on a pad.

I wonder if you can use a usb to xbox pad and use one of the PS2 wheels.

Comment

I'd probably use a wheel for the experience at first, but then I'd go back to the pad for precision when competing online or on TTs.

Thought about buying a wheel for it but there's no point tbh, not for me anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Bob
                the logitech wheel sounds a bit cheap and nasty. with the glut of decent xbox racers i don't see whay they can't do a proper ff wheel like they used to do on the PC.

here's hoping madcatz do a better job

fb
                Have you ever used any of the logitech wheels??! Cheap and nasty are the last 2 terms I would use to describe them, especially the driving force pro - it's awesome... makes the momo force feel a bit shabby in my opinion.

edit - having read the link, I see why you might say that. But no stick-shift is not necessarily a bad sign, the GT Force rocked as well and it had no stick.
                Last edited by Darwock; 07-09-2004, 15:20.

Comment

The IGN article doesn't mention FF.

Hope that's because it's a given with Logitech wheels.

Comment

Has anyone tried...

Something I've been wondering for a while. The Logitech force feedback GT Force and the newer version for GT4 are USB wheels I think. And the XBox controller ports are USB with a different shape connector. You can easily get converters to allow mice and keyboards to plug in to XBox controller ports. So does the GT Force or better yet the GT Force Pro work on the XBox? Has anyone tried it? I guess it just depends whether the wheels and consoles support some standard profile. I'm sure I read that you can use the GT Force on a PC without specific drivers...

I'm hoping to get a 'Pro when GT4 comes out, I certainly couldn't justify buying another, lesser wheel for the XBox, even if it was the for betterment of Outrun 2 ;-)

Comment

I hoped that one would work aswell, but after doing some searching on the net, it looks like a driver problem that stops the wheel from working.

Comment

MS stupidily didn't add anyway to do Force Feedback into the Xbox. Apparently due to some patent issues or something...

Neil.

Comment

The Thurstmaster 360 Modena is Force Feedback.

Originally posted by Nisa
                          I definitely want a steering wheel for the finished Outrun 2 and Burnout 3 ...
                          As I understand it, Burnout 3 does not support any wheels (PS2 or Xbox versions).

Comment

Wha??? Burnout 2 was fully FF compatible, and most other EA games are, so why would they drop it?

Comment

Looking at the back of the X-Box version's box now and you're right it doesn't have "Wheel" highlighted which is bollocks tbh, when I played BO 2 on the PS2 I always used the Driving Force Pro. No biggie, as long as Outrun 2 has steering wheel support.

Comment

Working...
                              X