Arcades Thai Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcades Thai Style

I am currently wandering the world for 12 months and as such didn't expect to partake in much gaming. But last week in Bangkok down a side street in who knows where I found an arcade (if you could call it that).

A large room with around 8 large widescreen tv's and ps2's hooked up and all the lastest games. You pay 20 baht/hour (27p) and get to fulfill your videogame fix. What game was everyone playing?

Obviously Winning Eleven 8! All the Thais wanted to be either Man Utd or Arsenal. To be honest I have no idea why I'm writing this but would be interested to hear of anyone elses strange gaming experiences abroad?

Anyway off to Ko Lanta tomorrow to catch some rays and chill out with a Chang beer. 8)

Not bad,

27p you say, I'd have paid 'em 20 quid and told them to close the "arcade" for a day, and just let me indulge rock star-style on all the machines, playing multiple machines using a my feet and stuff, all while the poor folk outside envied my extreme wealth and arrogance.

Comment

These seem pretty regular over there, i went to simlar in an supermarket in Udonthani, of course 90% were playing Winning eleven (scored my self a Turkish super League Edition ), had some rad titles to play, even Pepsiman.

Nice place to buy some "imports" and nice clones, the Pikaone is all the rage

Comment

Working...
      X