Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your partner possess sly gaming abilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your partner possess sly gaming abilities?

My girlfriend is a casual gamer, very casual. She picks up the odd game every now and again, usually anything Mario related (well games that features Toad anyway). Put her in front most games and she will probably moan that she can't do it, but stick in front of something she connects with she will hammer it until completion, and then a few more times for good measure.

A while back she mentioned that her brother had an Amiga and she used to like to play Rainbow Islands. Not long after I stumbled across a copy for the PSX and bought it for her. She moaned a bit at first how it didn't feel the same without a joystick, but once she got used to the controls she showed her true colours - she was a frickin' wizard at it. Within a few days she had completed it, collecting all gems in order and unlocking all bonuses. She had totally mastered it! I thought this was maybe a one off, but she has done this with a few games since then, putting me and my so-called gaming skills to shame on the same games.

Anyone else have a partner that has sly gaming skills?

2 games spring to mind:

Fantavision: My GF is an absolute king at it. Completed it in about 45 mins on her first go.

Burnout 3: Especially crash mode. I've been playing through it and she has done most of the crash challenges first time gold. My mates came round on the weekend and we were playing winner stays on 1 on 1 takedown. She ruled us all.

Pretty much everything she does as you describe. She tries for a minute then gives up either as I'm wooping her ass or she is doing crap.

She played Pikmin until she killed about 15 red pikmin in a lake and found it too emotional to carry on, seriously!

Comment

Yes she does.

She's really good at fighters both 2D and 3D. Playing her in a few rounds it'll be 50/50 most of the time. Worst thing is she doesn't even practice first

Comment

Nothing to do with partners but this reminded me of this muppet I visited back in 2000 who had an old PC with some wargame strategy thing on it, which I wasn't into at all but at the time I was into him yeah, so I feigned an interest, anyway it was funny because I didn't even try but I still won, so I was like, ha.

btw I am not a bloke! so no faggot jibes, and no pretending like I am the crap tranny out of Little Britain either!

Duck Hunt - that was an evil game, clone hunt however, now that would be an entirely different story

Comment

My girl is the queen of cutesy games. Of course she's quite meticulous and - to be honnest - slow. So she spent more than 100 hours on Pokemon Ruby. And she loves Bust A Move. The music of Bust A Move II for Neo Geo is sort of her "theme song".

I think she only goes for sweet hard drugs. That's a different kind of casual... Obsessive casual ?

Girls are weird, says the geeky me.

Comment

My bird is the *king* of bust-a-move/puzzle bobble. No-one can beat her.

But she doesn't like any other game....

Comment

DDR!!!

and yes i h8 her for it.........

mind u im so busy watching her bum and boobs jigging a way i loose concentration, mind u when the kids are in bed and we do strip ddr, where loser takes of an item of clothing i suddenly get good, by the time one of us is naked weve normaly done 8 or 9 songs and are hot naked and sweaty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
                My bird is the *king* of bust-a-move/puzzle bobble. No-one can beat her.

But she doesn't like any other game....

Im sure my girlfriend would give her a run for her money.

My girlfriend is insanely good at Gitarooman, and she loves the mario games hence why both my gbas live up at her house :/

Comment

My girlfriend claims she doesn't play games, well I know she doesn't now. But she must have played loads as a kid as she can kick my arse on ANY fighting game. I can't figure her out, she just picks them up and kicks my arse. VF, Bloody Roar, Tekken 3. I kicked her arse on Dance Dance in the arcade though so that evens up the battle of the sexes.

Comment

Originally posted by fragmast3r
                    mind u when the kids are in bed and we do strip ddr, where loser takes of an item of clothing i suddenly get good, by the time one of us is naked weve normaly done 8 or 9 songs and are hot naked and sweaty!!!
                    hahahahahaha fantastic. Have the gaming companies ever thought of doing an Eye Toy styled Twister game with Dance Pad style pressure detection?

Comment

My girl is very good at games she decides to pick up

She is extremely good at smash bros as well as any sonic game, she'll also play anything else that attracts her attention and get pretty good at it

Comment

Originally posted by fragmast3r
                        DDR!!!

and yes i h8 her for it.........

mind u im so busy watching her bum and boobs jigging a way i loose concentration, mind u when the kids are in bed and we do strip ddr, where loser takes of an item of clothing i suddenly get good, by the time one of us is naked weve normaly done 8 or 9 songs and are hot naked and sweaty!!!
                        Excellent idea. Shame I allways woop the missus ass at it hey!

Comment

My girlfriend kick me every time we play Soul Edge
                          To the other hand she's simply unable to play MicroMachines V3. I usually win before we complete a single lap. Typically she stumble on something then start laughing as she realize she's unable to free the car...

Comment

My lady has some very sly skills stashed up her sleeves. About a month or so after I started seeing her I found out that she (and the rest of her family) were into videogames. And then I found out that she liked to casually rinse Squaresoft games inher spare time. And I mean rinse. I thought I was a fan of the Final Fantasy Games, but she had played just as many as I had, many of which to a greater depth than myself! Stuff like all the ultimate weapons in FFX, completing New Game+'s on FFX-2, level 99 on all characters in FFVIII, all of this was just past tense to her.

I was like

Comment

Originally posted by superstarbeejay
                              She played Pikmin until she killed about 15 red pikmin in a lake and found it too emotional to carry on, seriously!
                              My GF is a bit like that. She shouted at me for kicking a chicken in Fable Oh and she moans whenever I play a game with scantly clad women. She definitely wasn't as impressed with the physics in DOA3 than I was

Comment

Working...
                              X